Regular Price: €23.90
Special Price: €21.51
Availability: In stock
Improve skin function and reduce cellular damage while soothing and softening normal to oily/combination skin with this unique, antioxidant-rich toner. Lightly hydrating, it removes last traces of makeup and leaves a nearly imperceptible, fresh finish on the face. May be the only moisturizer needed during summer months or in humid climates.
- Irritant-free and extremely gentle
- Removes last traces of makeup
- Helps reduce cellular damage and inflammation
- Lightly hydrating formula loaded with antioxidants
- 100% fragrance- and colorant-free
Regular Price: €23.90
Special Price: €21.51
Review by Rose
- This toner is a great pair to a Hydralight cleanser. Light and soothing toner. The texture is a basic liquid toner and this is good for a day time use for an oily skin like mine. In the night time I would prefer more moisturizing toner, for example Redness Relief that I loved! (Posted on 14/04/2016)
Review by Lucy
- I had a couple of samples of this and used it when my skin felt dry and irritated. Deliciously soothing and cool on my skin, and hydrated it beautifully. I'll be buying the full sized version in my next order! (Posted on 14/03/2015)
Review by yasmeen
- takes away last traces of makeup, leave skin feeling nice and smooth but not tight and dry, skin looks healthier after use, a great toner with antioxidants for oily skin. (Posted on 06/07/2014)
Review by me
- Unfortunately this irritated my skin. I have combination skin with a lot of blackheads and redness. Because of the issue with redness (I have a diagnosis for rosacea from a few years back, and I suffer from eczema too), I thought this toner would suit me better than the Skin Balancing one, but it ended up being the opposite. This stings quite a lot on my skin, and makes my face very red for quite a long time. It also doesn't feel hydrating at all, but more like a finishing touch to the cleaning routine, which isn't that bad since a lot of people want their toner to be cleansing. I, however, have liked the Skin Balancing toner better, as it hydrates my oily but dehydrated skin, and although it leaves my skin somewhat red for while, it doesn't sting and the redness disappears rather quickly. The other toners are way too heavy for my skin type, so for now I'm sticking with the SB one. I wish this toner was more gentle on the skin, it would suit my skin type nicely, and it is otherwise a perfectly fine product. I know PC often recommend the Skin Recovery products for sensitive skin, but they really don't suit skin types such as mine, as they are much too heavy and leave the skin a lot more congested. (Posted on 11/10/2013)
Review by Eddie
- This product is amazing and it has made my skin look even toned and reduced patches of dryness and discolouration. I have been using it for 2 months now and I have seen my skin particularly my forehead become clearer from blackheads. Dark areas under my eyes and side burn areas have become that little more unified with the rest of my skin tone and wrinkles around my dimples have faded that bit more. As a male in their mid 20's I would recommend this for every day use. Thank you Paula!! (Posted on 20/06/2013)
Review by zuhre
- I think this product is great and i will carry on buying it. However I think people should buy a pump with this as when i first used it the top came of and some poured out which is a shame but it wont stop me buying it ! (Posted on 28/05/2012)
Review by Mathilda
- used this for years and wouldnt change! (Posted on 28/03/2012)
Review by Sofie
I have sensitive combination skin and cannot recommend this to anyone who tends to have reactions to harsher products.This toner does what it should without drying skin out, any dry flakes you had won't be visible after using this.
But when I started using it, it felt like I got a chemical burn, my skin was bright red for the day. Without using a cleanser first it was slightly less terrible, but the first 14 days using this toner were a nightmare. I didn't break out and my skin didn't get worse aside from initial redness after getting used to it somewhat, but even now it stings and doesn't feel very refreshing. I'm not buying this one again but will look into ordering samples of other less harsh toners. Customer Care : Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear about your experiences with this toner. This Hydralight Healthy Skin Refreshing Toner is specially developed for the oily skin. For the sensitive skin we recommend our Skin Recovery Toner. We will send you some samples of the Skin Recovery Toner. (Posted on 05/03/2012)
Review by Naim
- This is a great toner. I have used so much toners in my life for my oily skin but this one doesnt irritate me nor does it dry out my skin. Next to that; you don't need that much on a cotton ball. As a man, I would like to recommend this as well for men as well! (Posted on 03/09/2010)
Review by Betty S
- I didn't find this irritating at all. I tried it on one side of my face and tried the one for normal to dry skin on the other and much preferred this one. I did feel a bit tingly but not as much as the other side and not nearly so much as other toners generally. It also didn't leave that strange film that other toners can leave. I'm buying it this week along with the One Step Facial Cleanser (best, best!) and the 1% BHA lotion. (Posted on 20/03/2010)
Review by Julie
This was the only product in Paula's range that I had a bit of a problem with. It did sting my skin, albeit ever so slightly. So I would disagree with the gentle claim.
Ive given it 3 stars as it did indeed remove all last traces of makeup and my skin felt very clean .
So although I have oily skin I think I will try the next toner up for normal skin, next time around.
Sorry Paula! (Posted on 05/07/2009)
Allow toner to absorb before applying a Paula's Choice exfoliant (AHA or BHA).
Sources to support the claims made for Healthy Skin Refreshing Toner:
Archives of Dermatological Research, March 2010, pages 71–83; Cancer Prevention Research, February 2010, pages 170–178; Skin Pharmacology and Physiology, September 2009, pages 299–304; Phytotherapy Research, September 2009, pages 1,197–1,204; Skin Research and Technology, August 2009, pages 338–345; Dermatologic Surgery, July 2009, pages 1,057–1,065; Experimental Dermatology, June 2009, pages 522–526; Clinics in Dermatology, November-December 2008, pages 614–626; Journal of Drugs in Dermatology, July 2008, pages S7–S12; Dermatologic Therapy, September-October 2007, pages 322–329; American Journal of Clinical Dermatology, May 2004, pages 327–337; Dermatologic Therapy, January 2004, pages 16–25; Exogenous Dermatology, June 2004, pages 154–160; and Journal of Agricultural Food Chemistry, October 1999, pages 3954–3962.
Paula has always recommended toners that are well-formulated. Toners can be a great after-cleansing step to be sure you've removed all your makeup. When properly formulated, they soothe skin and add hydrating ingredients to make skin softer, not to mention they're another leave-on source for antioxidants and other ingredients that improve skin's healthy functioning.
How do I know which toner is right for me? Besides skin type, what are the main differences between the four Paula's Choice toners?
All of our toners restore skin, help remove last traces of makeup, are alcohol- and fragrance-free, and contain no unnecessary irritants such as menthol, peppermint, and citrus oils. They are great as an adjunct to a more thorough cleansing routine, especially post-workout or in hot/humid climates. Even more significantly they go beyond the basics by offering skin benefits you can see and feel.
Healthy Skin Refreshing Toner is an excellent choice for normal to oily/combination skin. It provides a weightless finish, and although it feels very light, it supplies skin with potent antioxidants and anti-irritants. Healthy Skin Refreshing Toner is a great option for those who want more protection and a soothing, soft, feeling on their skin, particularly those with sensitive skin. To get the benefits of both toners for normal to oily/combination skin, you may want use Healthy Skin Refreshing Toner in the morning and Skin Balancing Toner in the evening.
Moisture Boost Hydrating Toner contains ingredients that help soothe and restore normal to dry skin, plus it includes a greater amount of glycerin, a key ingredient to make dry skin look and feel better. It also contains a broad range of ingredients that aid the barrier repair process so those with dry skin (or normal skin with occasional dry patches) will receive even more benefit from their Paula's Choice moisturizer and/or specialty product. Moisture Boost Hydrating feels lighter than our Skin Recovery Toner, yet still provides an array of antioxidants, anti-irritants, and skin-protecting ingredients. To get the benefits of both toners for normal to dry skin, you can use Moisture Boost Hydrating Toner in the morning and Skin Recovery Toner in the evening.
Skin Recovery Toner for normal to very dry skin is an excellent choice for those who need more help protecting their skin from environmental damage or dryness. Skin Recovery Toner has a richer texture than any of our other toners and contains more plant oils and other emollients than our Moisture Boost Hydrating Toner. This is a great option for dry to very dry skin, extremely sun damaged skin, or those dealing with eczema or rosacea accompanied by dry skin.
Skin Balancing Toner for normal to oily/combination skin is excellent for protecting skin from environmental damage or dryness. In addition, its cell-communicating ingredients can, in theory, help balance skin so its oily areas do not worsen or lead to reddened or blemished skin. Skin Balancing Toner uses a more complex formulation than our Healthy Skin Refreshing Toner, and helps restore normal cell function.