Resist Anti-Aging Multi-Correction Treatment Azelaic Acid
Availability: In stock
- Lightens skin color and fades brown spots (melasma)
- Reduces breakouts and red marks from past breakouts
- Reduces redness and breakouts from rosacea
- Diminishes wrinkles and uneven skin tone
- Provides skin-smoothing hydration
- Leaves a velvety matte finish that minimizes the appearance of pores
- 100% fragrance- and colorant-free
Resist Skin Transforming Multi-Correction Treatment is a triple-action, totally unique formula that not only lightens skin color but also fades brown spots, lessens breakouts, diminishes red marks from past blemishes, and reduces wrinkles. This one-of-a-kind treatment is also lightly hydrating and leaves a velvety matte finish that minimizes enlarged pores. Its potent anti-aging ingredients smoothes skin’s texture and imparts a noticeably smoother, glowing skin tone. It contains azelaic acid which can be a great alternative for those with breakouts whose skin cannot tolerate benzoyl peroxide.
Please note: When using a BHA product make sure you use a sunscreen during the day
Please note: Those allergic to aspirin (acetylsalicylate) should not use products containing salicylic acid (Beta Hydroxy Acid, or BHA).
Review by Victoria
- I have sensitive combination skin and have really struggled to find something to balance my skin and eradicate hormonal acne. I had regular breakouts, especially at pre menstrual times. I've been using this product twice (sometimes once) a day for the past 8 weeks and my skin is virtually spot free. I no longer feel I need moisturiser on a morning as it leaves my skin really comfortable after cleansing and is a perfect base for my foundation. It's quite pricey but I no longer need some of the products I used to use and it seems to be lasting a while. Plus it works so well which makes it worth the price tag for me. I have a few dark spots and light melasma on my forehead and it has reduced a little but not as much as I hoped for. Regardless, I still think it is a wonderful product for anyone who suffers from regular breakouts. I would not be without it now! (Posted on 22/02/2017)
Review by Jackie
- I love this product, I'm on my 3rd tube and will never use anything else. I have very sensitive, acne prone skin and my skin was breaking out like mad. the make up artist Lisa Eldridge recommends this on her youtube channel so had to try it, I'm not disappointed! I recently had a week between finishing the last one and receiving my next one, my skin was so much better once I added this back in. my whole skin care is PC which works great but this is the x-factor in the range. will be buying for the rest of my life! (Posted on 11/08/2016)
Review by Hannah
I tried this product after Lisa Eldridge recommended it for acne prone skin and my skin is much better after using it. My skin is much more even, and while I do still get spots, it's not as frequent or as bad as it was.
Please never stop making it. (Posted on 21/07/2016)
Review by Laura
- I really like this product, it feels great on the skin and I can see the dark spots on my cheeks dissapearing slowly. I looked at some old photos the other day, from when I was 17 years old or so - and found I had the exact same spots on my left cheek back then as I do now, at 26, only they are a lot less visible and some have disappeared. So I can definately tell that something is working - I do use other Paulas Choice products too though, so I can't attribute it to this alone I guess. After I added it to my regimen I do think it sped up the process though. (Posted on 10/05/2016)
Review by Cynthia
- Being a woman of colour, I was quite sceptical about using this product. I have used a dermatologist for over 10 years but wanted to switch to something more easily accessible and affordable for my skin. Pigmentation, especially around my eyes, has been a major issue for me and I'm glad to say that this product combined with the Weekly 10% AHA Treatment has transformed my pigmentation and overall complexion. Admittedly you do not get overnight results but with patience and continued use - I am pleased to say that I can see a massive improvement over the last two months. Just a quick note to say that I did speak with the PC customer services team beforehand who noted that this may not work as well for very long standing issues so that helped to manage my expectations - although this product has definitely exceeded those! (Posted on 07/03/2016)
Review by LM71
- Well, I don't know if it's this product or the vitamin C one but my skin looks better than it has for years. I have spent so much on high end department store products for years and some created as many problems as they tried to help. I switched to PC products 2 weeks ago and I am very very impressed. Amazing results, big improvement in texture, tone and everything else. Every aspect of my skin has improved. I am going to age gracefully afterall! Thank you thank you Paula's choice! (Posted on 25/02/2016)
Review by Happy
- This item together with 2% BHA has helped to clean the impurities in my skin and to keep the pores open. This is a multi-purpose product which is also glorified my skin, and helped to reduce the red marks. the combination of these two products is working. (Posted on 18/09/2015)
Review by Kate
- I was sceptical at first as I have some stubborn dark patches around my eyes and did not want to spend over £30 on a serum. However, as I know that Paula's Choice do not make plain promises I gave this a try and am not going back. The patches obviously did not disappear overnight but I feel my skin is smoother, brighter and happier-looking. This Correction serum combined with BHA exfoliant is a definite winner! (Posted on 27/08/2015)
Review by Marianne
- Very good product. Brown spots faded in one week. (Posted on 26/07/2015)
Review by plescan
I like this product a lot!!!! I just have a question about how to use it) so I have this product and also the Ultra Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate serum for normal/oily skin. Which one should I use first??? Thank you!!!
Customer Care: Thank you for your review. We recommend to first use the Resist Multi-Correction Treatment (after cleansing/toning/exfoliating), then follow with serum and/or moisturizer. (Posted on 18/06/2015)
Review by Alzbeta
- At firts I was disappointed by this product. I used it every other day in the morning with BHA and I had a feeling that it did absolutely nothing. Yet when I tried to use it every day together with my BHA lotion, it caused dry patchess on my nose and cheeks. Than I changed the routine - I started to put this on after toning every night (without the BHA) and in the morning I put only the BHA lotion. And it did miracles! No dry patches, my skin is smooth like it has never been before, my rosacea is less noticable and I don't get any new blemishes at all. You just have to experiment with it a little bit and give it time - I started to see positive impact after six weeks or so. Thanks, Paula! (Posted on 30/05/2015)
Review by Jen
- I bought this because I wanted an all-round product that tackles acne, discolouration and uneven skin tone. I haven't been using it long enough to know if it will fade dark spots, but I'm already thrilled with it after a few uses. It feels very comfortable and hydrating on the skin, and hasn't irritated my sensitive skin at all (2% salicylic acid irritates my skin, as does any glycolic acid). My skin looks noticeably more even and spot-free - normally I wear concealer on a daily basis but I've been leaving the house with only a tinted moisturiser because my skin looks so clear! I've never found a product so gentle that has such a great result. I hope this is never changed or discontinued because it's perfect. (Posted on 01/05/2015)
Review by laura
- really really good product. it really reduces blemishes and blackheads. This does help to fade red marks but my skin is not magically perfect after this product. It just really help with breakouts, so I would recommend it :D (Posted on 16/03/2015)
Review by Hana
- I have very sensitive, acne oily - but kind of weak skin with discolourations, age 35. This product claims to improve all of these, but unfortunately id did not. When I spread the product on the face, after ten minutes the skin becomes red and irritated. I try to give it a time, I used half of the tube so far, but nothing changed. Pity it did not work for me. I might try the vitamin C product as it can be more mild ... I do not have any allergic reaction on aspirin. (Posted on 25/02/2015)
Review by Riika
I'm just finishing my first tube of this and a new one is already waiting for me in the bathroom cabinet. I'm in love! I'm extremely pale and my main skin issues are dry, dull skin, sun spots/freckles around my eyes and cheekbones (due to sun damage when I was younger and tried to sunbathe - not a good idea!) and persistent tiny dry blackheads on my nose.
I was never happy with grainy exfoliating creams, they left my skin red and irritated no matter how gently I tried to use them. So of course I was overjoyed to finally find Paula's chemical exfoliators. I have tried almost every AHA and BHA product in her line and still love them fiercely. But after starting to use this product I have not needed to reach for those for a long time. In the evening I apply a pea sized amount of this creamy stuff to my face after my toner (Paula's Resist Replenishing Toner, I adore it as well by the way) and hardly even need to follow with a night cream because it leaves my skin feeling so nice on it's own. The product smells a bit funky but the smell evaporates quickly and I have gotten used to it.
My blackheads have practically vanished, my skin color is much more even and I need less make up to cover the blotchiness. My sun spots are slowly lightening as well, though this is not as fast as I would have hoped. Before starting to use this product I usually reached for one or another AHA or BHA exfoliator at least three times a week. If I used them too often my skin would feel too scrubbed, after too long pause between uses my skin would feel rough and thick and uneven. The climate, hormones, what have you would add their effect and require changes in my routine. Now I don't need to worry about that because this product, used daily, has given me all the benefits and none of the drawbacks of other chemical exfoliators. I plan to give my sister a tube as well for testing :) (Posted on 17/01/2015)
Review by Anna
This cream (of which you only need a tiny amount) is a wonder.
It mattifies, soothes and reduces redness over time. I stopped using it for a few weeks after finishing my first tube and noticed a return of the 'rosy cheeks' that I wasn't particularly happy with.
But I'm now on my third tube and still loving it, it really does everything it claims to do.
Love it! (Posted on 10/07/2014)
Review by Ross
This is an absolute wonder product.
Initial thoughts were that it wasn't working, and could be a tad 'stingy' in certain areas like the eyes.
After a few weeks I've really noticed a gorgeous consistency to my skin tone in the morning, less spots and break outs and possibly some slight fine line relief, although I don't think anything comes close in real line busting treatment.
My only concerns was about the skin lightening aspect of this serum as I like to use gradual tanners and envisaged waking up looking ghostly and bleached, but I haven't noticed anything too bad at all.
Maybe a little pricey, but it certainly works and I'm just about to re-order now. (Posted on 29/05/2014)
Review by Lina
- I've ordered this serum based on positive reviews here and Lisa Eldridge mentioning it as her HG treatment. I really like the texture of the serum and the result I get from using it twice a day but I can't stand the smell. I wish it could be more pleasant to use but then again it seems to be working well with my blemish prone skin so I guess I'll keep using it. The other thing I've tried applying it after 2% BHA liquid exfoliator and my skin didn't like it at all so now I use exfoliator in the morning and this serum at night. So far so good. (Posted on 26/05/2014)
Review by Peter
I think this is an excellent product. It really seems to reduce redness and irritation and to keep skin clear. More and more I'm convinced that I only get acne flare ups (read normally one huge cystic lump that make me want to stay indoors) as a result of irritation. I've stopped using benzyl peroxide now entirely. It seems to be slowly clearing the red marks left by those enormous red cysts which is amazing. This is expensive (for me) but absolutely worth it (for me!).
Nothing to do with the product but I do battle with only being able to get products online. Personally I find it frustrating in the extreme. I seem to be in a minority here as other clearly have no problem. I look forward to the day when these products can be purchased from a bricks and mortar shop. (Posted on 08/04/2014)
Review by Sandra K
This is truly a miracle worker -does everything it claims and then some. After using the RESIST Skin Transforming Multi-correction Treatment for quite a while now, I don't need any makeup to cover up discolorations and blemishes anymore. Both problems are almost gone thanks to this amazing product! Only downside is the prize, but otherwise, try it -you won't regret it!
(Posted on 01/04/2014)
Review by Hector
- I don't know what exactly to say about this product. I didn't notice any effect on my skin. Maybe isn't the kind of product I need because my skin is in a good state already but I wanted to try it. So my feelings are that I know that this is a good product but it didn't give me anything I needed. (Posted on 31/01/2014)
Review by Giles
- This product has quickly become a must-have for me! It was a little irritating to start with, but after using it every other day for a couple of weeks I'm able to tolerate it once or twice a day. The Azelaic Acid does a great job of evening the blotchy skintone and blemishes I get from rosacea, as well as slowly reducing the appearance of old acne scars. Despite being quite a heavy lotion, it doesn't make my skin any more oily, which is an added bonus! My only problem for me is the price - as with many PC products, it's very steep for the amount of product you get. I can justify buying it because it helps my skin so much, but if there was a comparable product available elsewhere for less, I would probably buy it. (Posted on 30/01/2014)
Review by Maiken
After I used it for about 2 weeks, I did not get the results I expected, but I gave it another chance.
And I was really happy that I did!! After a month, my skin was perfect!!
No more breakouts - AT ALL!! Not even when I am having my "monthly".
It may not have an amazing effect on my sun "spots" - but I am very, very pleased with my now nearly perfect skin, without breakouts. (Posted on 29/01/2014)
Review by Paloma
This product is just fantastic. Perfect for my half oily, half dry 36 year old skin, prone to shine and breakouts.
Would recommend it to anyone. Thanks again, Paula! (Posted on 07/01/2014)
Review by Jay
- I found this product okay to use. I was looking for an alternative for Benzoyl Peroxide, as i find it quite drying even with an emollient moisturiser, so i thought this could be it. The first few times i used it (daily use), it reduced redness, and inflammation, and i thought i'd finally found a replacement. After a week it started to have the reverse effect and started to break me out, first a little, then more appeared. I know it wasn't a coincidence as i only used this product on a small section of my face and that's where the breakouts started happening. I think it maybe the BHA in the product, and could be too much for skin as i already use BHA toner (normal strength - a higher ph), i'm not sure. I'm exploring the possibility of using a pure azelaic acid treatment from the doctors. I need something to use everyday to keep my acne at bay. The positives for me however, i use this product after i shave, as i only shave once a week, this product helps with razor rash, and redness. Another positive, don't be fooled by the tube size, it lasts quite a while, impressed with longevity. (Posted on 20/12/2013)
Review by Lavinia
- It is a very good product!!! (Posted on 05/11/2013)
Review by Toni
This Azelaic acid product promises to improve skin tone and lessens breakouts while protect skin from free radical damage. And it does all that! I have been using this only two weeks at mornings and it brightens my face right away while leaving my oily skin looking matte and fresh. It also has very pleasant scent and texture.
I get occasionally breakouts and already feel that my skin is more clear (Even thought my skin has changed dramatically since i started using other PC products 5 months ago).
I have some discolorations spots and i read that its good to use this product at least 6 months to see best results from Azelaic acid. I will do an update review since time goes on to see what happened to those brown spots. (Posted on 06/10/2013)
Resist Skin Transforming Multi-Correction Treatment is a triple-action, totally unique formula that not only lightens skin color but also fades brown spots, lessens breakouts, diminishes red marks from past blemishes, and reduces wrinkles. This one-of-a-kind treatment is also lightly hydrating and leaves a velvety matte finish that minimizes enlarged pores. Its potent anti-aging ingredients smoothes skin’s texture and imparts a noticeably smoother, glowing skin tone.
Who is this product for?
Resist Skin Transforming Multi-Correction Treatment is ideal for those with brown skin discolorations or a dull sallow skin tone who want to fade brown discolorations and lighten a dull, yellow complexion. It also works beautifully for those with blemish-prone skin so they can reduce breakouts and reduce red marks from past breakouts.
SOURCES TO SUPPORT THE CLAIMS MADE FOR Resist SKIN TRANSFORMING MULTI-CORRECTION TREATMENT with AZELAIC ACID + BHA
British Journal of Dermatology, October 2011, pages 760–781; Journal of Drugs in Dermatology, June 2011, pages 586–590 and 614–620; PLoS One, May 2011, ePublication; American Journal of Clinical Dermatology, April 2011, pages 87–99; Experimental Dermatology, September 2010, pages 813–820; International Journal of Dermatology, May 2007, pages 533–538; Indian Journal of Dermatology, Venereology, and Leprology, March-April 2007, pages 94–96; Planta Medica, August 2005, pages 785–787; Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, February 2003, pages 1,201–1,207; and Cutis, January 1996, pages 36–45).
What does azelaic acid do?
A component of grains such as wheat, rye, and barley, azelaic acid is effective for a number of skin conditions when applied topically. For the most part, azelaic acid is recommended as an option for acne treatment but there is also some research showing it to be effective for treatment of skin discolorations. For example, “The efficacy of 20% azelaic acid cream and 4% hydroquinone cream, both used in conjunction with a broad-spectrum sunscreen, against melasma was investigated in a 24-week, double-blind study with 329 women. Over the treatment period the azelaic acid cream yielded 65% good or excellent results.... Severe side effects such as allergic sensitization or exogenous ochronosis were not observed with azelaic acid” (Source: International Journal of Dermatology, December 1991, pages 893–895).
Although research hasn’t shown exactly how azelaic acid works, for lightening of brown spots and other discolorations, it is believed to interrupt the pathway melanin (skin pigment) takes to form discolorations. Azelaic acid is also an antioxidant, and its pronounced anti-inflammatory effect may be what helps fade red marks from acne.
Last, azelaic acid is a mainstay in topical treatment for rosacea, particularly the type that’s characterized by papules and pustules (sometimes referred to as “acne rosacea”).
Is Resist Skin Transforming Multi-Correction Treatment an alternative to anti-acne products medicated with benzoyl peroxide?
Yes. This product contains a high amount of azelaic acid, which is believed to have an antibacterial effect against acne-causing bacteria. It also functions as a potent anti-inflammatory, so it helps reduce the swelling and redness that often accompanies acne. Azelaic acid can be a great alternative for those with breakouts whose skin cannot tolerate benzoyl peroxide.
Our Resist Skin Transforming Multi-Correction Treatment + Azelaic acid + BHA is actually identical to our Clear Daily Clearing Treatment + Azelaic acid + BHA, except for the packaging and the placement in our Resist line.