Resist Super Antioxidant Serum
Skin Type: All Skin Types
Concern: Anti-Aging | Brown Spots | Sensitive Skin | Wrinkles
Full product name: Resist Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum
Size: 30 ml
Availability: In stock
This state-of-the-art serum efficiently addresses multiple issues that cause skin to look wrinkled while reducing inflammation and the visible effects of sun damage. Please see below for references to documented research about the claims for the ingredients in this serum.
- Innovative blend of proven ingredients skin needs to look younger
- Helps skin generate healthy collagen so it is able to resist signs of aging
- Potent antioxidants protect against environmental damage
- Works to repair damaged cells and rebuild skin's protective barrier
- Spreads easily and absorbs quickly, leaving a silky, breathable finish
- Enhances makeup application by making skin's surface extremely smooth
- 100% fragrance- and colorant-free
prices are including VAT
Review by Martin
I really wanted to love this product, but unfortunately I find it too greasy. I guess it is the silicone that, while it feels smooth and rich going on, also leaves me with greasy skin - which is hard as I have dry and sensitive skin.
Originally I tried the Skin Recovery Super Antioxidant Concentrate, but that one was even more greasy, and so I tried this one instead. Unfortunately I will not be buying this again. But perhaps I will give the lighter Resist serum a try... (Posted on 06/06/2015)
Review by Marlene
- I have to say that I find this serum quite greasy, so after buying it to use in the morning, I now use it at night instead as it just wouldn't soak into my skin enough to make it suitable on my skin for daytime use. But it's still a fantastic serum. You just need a few drops and together with my nighttime Retinol moisturiser by the next morning my skin feels so good and hydrated. I especially love to use it on its own around my eye area and it's great mixed with the Paula's Choice 1% Retinol cream which alleviates any possible drying and redness from the Retinol apart from hydrating my skin and making it lovely for the next morning. I won't be without this now. (Posted on 29/05/2015)
Review by Lucy
- Favourite serum so far. Soothing texture - clear, but halfway between a gel and a cream. Moisturises my face beautifully without breaking me out. I've used it all over my combination skin and its felt wonderful. I use this in combination with the resist ultra light serum which has a different consistency. This is one for drier, more irritated days when my skin needs rehydrating. (Posted on 18/03/2015)
Review by Joseph
- This beats my second favorite PC product (spf30 daily wrinkle defence) to top spot because of the high content of ester form vitamin c and other brilliant antioxidants. well done paula and team for yet another holy grail product. (Posted on 20/02/2015)
Review by Theresa
I've been using it daily for 2½ weeks. I'm very impressed with how even it's made my skin look. I use it after exfoliating with Paula's BHA and/or AHA. I feel like it's added a kind of natural radiance to my skin that it hasn't even had in my teens.
It's absorbed into the skin very fast, but not in a drying way. It just basically leaves a silky, NOT greasy texture to your skin, adding needed antioxidants. Perfectly prepping it for the next step in my routine, adding moisture.
I'm not sure of the English name for it, but my skin has a condition where I get red bumps because of warmth, irritants, damage, sweat and so on. I've actually been experiencing this a lot less..? I'm not sure if I'm willing to contribute that solely to this product but it does seem like it's really helped to calm the skin on my face down a notch. (Posted on 14/02/2015)
Review by Gio
- What a great product this is! It is silicone-y in texture, which gave me reservations, but it doesn't feel sticky or weighty as other silicone products can. I apply this serum under my sunscreen every day and have seen a marked clarity to my skin over the period I've used the serum. A little of this serum goes a long way and so it's really excellent value when you consider how much of it you get. (Posted on 09/02/2015)
Review by Alannah
- I love this serum and use it twice daily. It's an essential part of my skincare regime, and it definitely boosts my skin's condition. (Posted on 05/02/2015)
Review by Karen
- I think this serum is very good. I recently had a very bad skin reaction to new products that promised to control my rosacea, and my skin became intolerant to everything apart from bland cleanser and this serum. Moisturises my face very well. Good under make up too, I just give it 10 minutes to sink in. Well worth the cost. Highly recommend. (Posted on 12/10/2014)
Review by Kate
- I love this. It goes on like velvet, is super hydrating making my skin feel and look plump shiny and healthy. A little goes a long way for me so it is an economical sensible purchase which will deliver immediate results. Thank you! X (Posted on 28/09/2014)
Review by Isabella
- This is a strange product. My skin has a love/hate relationship with it. When I first purchased it my skin looked luminous and bright. I did not like the silicone feel and texture at all, but I saw good results. After a few weeks my skin started to look dull. I stopped using this product, substituted it with another serum and my skin looked much happier. I went back to this and my skin started looking dull again. I ended up using it as an eye "cream". I still dislike the silicone texture. Would not repurchase it (Posted on 19/09/2014)
Review by Jackie
- This product is incredible. I don't usually write reviews about products that I have tried because normally they don't live up to the hype. At the age of 56 I have tried a fair few skin care products and serums in my time but I have never seen the promised results I have however, had results that I did not want such as breakouts, rashes etc. I have also wasted more money then I care to think about. I came across Paula's website by accident and I am so glad that I did. After only a few applications of the serum I could see noticeable changes. The persistent rash that I always seemed to have (from using products that did not suit my skin type) started to clear up. After only a couple of weeks of using the serum the rash has completely disappeared!!! My skin is clear and has a lovely glow to it. I have also noticed a change in my skin texture and firmness. I am so impressed by this serum that I have just ordered my second tube. I have also ordered some other products from the range and if they are as effective as the serum then I am hopeful that my search for an effective skin care regime is over! (Posted on 07/09/2014)
Review by C J
Can't get enough of this, its really the most super product on the market. It has made a marked improvement to the appearance of my skin, it feels more comfortable and it glows with health, Its very easy to apply and absorbs in seconds and only a few drops are needed to make a strong improvement relatively quickly. I've been blessed with good skin and I wasn't particularly looking for something to make me look younger (I'm 50) I just wanted something to improve and protect what I already have and this product had certainly helped. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend
(Posted on 03/07/2014)
Review by PF
- Only recently realised that I have Rosacea thanks to the advice of the Customer Service team who answered some of my questions. I don’t know how I did not cop after all these years that Rosacea was the issue. I found this Serum soothing and really helped ease tightness. All was going great until the tube split down the barrel and the contents leaked all over my Mulberry handbag. I was only a couple of weeks into using it so now I have a greasy expensive hand bag and no serum. You only need a tiny bit so i would assume the product would last a long time. Before the leak, I would have thought I would buy it again once empty. So sad on so many levels. Customer care : We are very sorry to hear about your experiences, Please do contact our customer care department at email@example.com and they will be more than happy to help finding a suitable solution for you. (Posted on 29/05/2014)
Review by KAREN
- Love this serum. Lovely texture. Easily to apply. Feels great on. Saw benefits in my skin within days. (Posted on 27/05/2014)
Review by Paul
I must give this serum 5 stars because it deserves it. I purchased this serum for the first time and now I am with my second one and I must admit that I am quite happy with it. At the beginning i was a little scared because my skin is oily and when i opened it a saw it was a little greasy I thought it was going to be bad for me but to be honest it goes very fast into your skin and does not give you any shine. it is full with good antioxidants ingredients and we all know that antioxidants are very important for skin so i must say Bravo Paula
(Posted on 12/03/2014)
Review by Didi
This is my favourite product (so far) in the Paula's choice range. At first I was concerned as it seemed viscous and didn't penetrate immediately but that was a good excuse to give my skin a gentle,stimulating massage!
Once it sunk in my skin was soft, plumped up and glowing. I also love that it is gentle, fragrance free yet so full of skin improving ingredients and in the few weeks I have used it fine lines are less on my forehead and my face looks fresher. Well done paulas choice. (Posted on 26/10/2013)
Review by Susan
- This has been my first serum, I thought the ingredients were excellent and it would be a nice complement in my skincare routine, however it broke me out after a couple of days, and it took my skin weeks to completely recover :(Customer Care: Thank you for your comments. We will be sure to share your feedback with Paula and her Product Development Manager. They do take customer feedback seriously. If you would like to contact customer care, we are happy to make other product suggestions and arrange for samples to be sent out! (Posted on 13/03/2013)
Review by Nina
- This product is fabulous in every way. I don't find it greasy, despite the high silicone content & it just forms a lovely veil of goodness! One thing I wonder is how one is able to only use a few drops as advised? I have to use much more than that in order to spread the product over my entire face and neck as it is rather thick. (Posted on 17/12/2012)
Review by Yesim
- I really really loved this serum. Unlike other serums, it did not break me out. I also started using it around my eyes - just brilliant. (Posted on 19/10/2012)
Review by Darren
- Fantastic product! Absorbs easily and leaves skin smooth. Amazing concentration of active ingredients...a total must have for your skin care regime! Please never change it!! (Posted on 15/06/2012)
Review by Alba
- This was my first experience with a serum. I'm 29 now and concerned about the incipient wrinkles around the eyes, mouth and forehead. However I think is very oily for my skin. I have combination skin and takes forever to absorb it, leaving a greasy sensation. Next time i would try another one instead.Customer Care: Thank you for your review. For the combination skin we recommend our Skin Balancing Super Antioxidant Mattifying Concentrate serum. (Posted on 29/05/2012)
Review by Mathilda
- amazing product that really works to lessen fine lines, but since my skin is quite oily i only use in the evenings since it gets a little greasy otherwise. (Posted on 28/03/2012)
Review by Vik
- Having tried a number of serums I will defiantly stick with this one. One high street brand claiming 'repair' brought me out in huge spots, another pricey brand was highly perfumed and left my make piling. At last - this serum, at far less cost, is amazing. At first it felt greasy and I was worried but after less than 1 minute it had soaked in almost everywhere and I just buffed the remainder in for soft skin! Very pleased, will re-purchase. (Posted on 02/03/2012)
Review by Diana
- I would have never thought something so small can be this nice! I haven't used serums before but I love this one. I will always reorder this product! (Posted on 23/11/2011)
Review by Anitha
- I love love love this serum. One of the best serums i have used so far. Thanks Paula for this great product. (Posted on 14/05/2011)
Review by Indra E
- Be really caution with this product, because now i'm addicted to it and never go anywhere wihout it :)).....Great job Paula for saving our skin and budget!! (Posted on 20/02/2011)
Review by Xelo
- I have conbination and sensitive skin.I use every night all over the face, neck and around the eyes. The serum seems to be greasy but they absorbs quickly and your skin feels smooth and hidrate and with no residue. (Posted on 18/01/2011)
Review by Sabine
I loved how the products felt but it broke me out. I think this will be a nice product if your skin can handle it.
Customer Care: you could consider to try out the Skin Balancing Super Antioxidant Concenttrate Serum for normal to oily/ combination skin (Posted on 07/01/2011)
Review by Alexander
great when skin turn a bid winter dry, to bad it doesnt contain retinol.
Customer Care: you could consider to try out the Skin Recovery Super Antioxidant Concentrate for normal to very dry skin which contains retinol. (Posted on 28/12/2010)
Review by Sonia
- I use it every morning with my moisturizer I simply mixed them together and apply it all over my face and around the eyes too, then I wait for 3-5 minutes for it to sink in then I apply my HG Extra Care Non-Greasy Sunscreen SPF 45 and wait 5 minutes before I proceed with my make up routine. My skin keeps supple, fresh and very radiant the whole day. My friends are asking me what am I doing on my skin lately because it looks very pretty! ;) (Posted on 29/04/2010)
Review by Hector
I was really excited about trying this new formula. I heard about this ingredients a lot of times in the past although some of them are really new nowadays. I feel proud about this product because I know I'm using one of the best(maybe the best one) antioxidant-rich product in the market and one of the best sunscreen's mate atlhough I cannot say I've seen an incredible change on my face. The only thing I don't like is the sylicone texture, I would prefer a lotion or even a creamy texture, I mean something a little bit more emollient. Anyway, One of the best antioxidant products in this war for figuring out the best skincare product.
One advice: apply as little as you can in order to absorb rightly and don't leave a shiny effect. (Posted on 12/02/2010)
Resist Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum can be used once or twice daily, as desired. For best results, apply before or after Paula's Choice Resist Barrier Repair Moisturizer. At night, smooth a few drops onto skin after cleansing, toning (optional), and exfoliating. May be applied under or over moisturizer. For daytime, wear under a product with SPF 15 or greater. Works beautifully under makeup and is suitable for use around the eyes.
What makes this product unique? Resist Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum utilizes an innovative blend of ingredients that research has proven aging skin needs to look younger and feel its healthy best. Stabilized Vitamin C plus potent antioxidants in a silky base join ingredients that repair damaged cells and rebuild skin's protective barrier so it functions optimally. This state-of-the-art serum efficiently addresses multiple issues that cause skin to look wrinkled while reducing inflammation and the visible effects of sun damage. This product is 100% fragrance- and colorant-free.
Who is this product for? Resist Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum works great on all skin types concerned with reducing signs of aging. It is especially suitable for normal to dry or combination skin types.
Cyclopentasiloxane (silicone slip agent/suspending agent), Dimethicone (silicone slip agent/suspending agent), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (stabilized vitamin C/antioxidant), Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5 (cell-communicating ingredient), Ceramide 3 (skin-repairing ingredient), Tocotrienols (vitamin E/antioxidant), Tocopherols (vitamin E/antioxidant), Ubiquinone (coenzyme Q10/antioxidant), Thioctic Acid (alpha lipoic acid/antioxidant), Tocopheryl Acetate (vitamin E/antioxidant), Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (stabilized vitamin C/antioxidant), Ferulic Acid (antioxidant), Caffeic Acid (antioxidant), Beta Glucan (anti-irritant), Superoxide Dismutase (antioxidant), Epigallocatechin Gallate (Green tea-derived antioxidant), Ergothioneine (mushroom-derived antioxidant), Glutathione (fruit-derived antioxidant), Xanthophyll (antioxidant pigment), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract (antioxidant), Glycerin (skin-identical agent), Arctostaphylos Uva Ursi Leaf Extract (anti-inflammatory agent), Lupinus Albus Seed Extract (antioxidant), Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract (antioxidant), Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil (emollient), Phenoxyethanol (preservative).
Sources to support the claims made for Resist Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum:
Cell Biology and Toxicology, March 2009, Epublication; Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology, September 2007, pages 183–188; Dermatologic Therapy, September-October 2007, pages 314-321; Biomedicine and Pharmacotherapy, September 2006, pages 453–457; Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology, March 2006, pages 30–38; Toxicology, January 2006, pages 213-220; Cutis, December 2005, Supplemental, pages 7–12; International Journal of Toxicology, volume 24, supplement 2, 2005, pages 51-111; Biofactors, November 2005, pages 179–185; International Journal of Immunopathology and Pharmacology, July-September 2005, pages 497-502; Experimental Dermatology, September 2005, pages 684-691; and June 2003, pages 237-244; Dermatologic Surgery, July 2005, pages 814-817; International Journal of Biological Macromolecules, July 2005, pages 116-119; American Journal of Clinical Dermatology, June 2005, pages 215–223; Journal of Cosmetic Science, September–October 2004, pages 473–479; International Journal of Dermatology, August 2004, pages 604-607; Biofactors, 2003, pages 289–297; Archives of Facial Plastic Surgery, volume 5, issue 2m, March-April 2003, pages m145-m149; Cosmetics & Toiletries, June 2002, pages 45–50; Free Radical Research, March 2002, pages 329–340; Free Radical Biology and Medicine, February 2001, pages 393–402; International Journal of Pharmaceutics, April 10, 2000, pages 39–47; Anticancer Research, September–October 1999, pages 3769–3774; and Nutrition and Cancer, February 1998, pages 81–85; and Biochemical Pharmacology, August 1996, pages 627–633.
Which Paula's Choice serum should I use? All skin types can use any of our serum and each provides multiple anti-aging benefits, but there are some formulary distinctions that make certain Paula's Choice serums preferred for specific skin types. Here's how they break down:
- Resist Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum and Resist Intensive Wrinkle Repair Retinol Serum can be used by all skin types, including sensitive skin. The Resist Intensive Wrinkle Repair Serum contains the highest amount of retinol.
- Skin Recovery Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum is best for normal to very dry skin because it contains plant oils.
- Skin Balancing Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum is best for normal to oily or combination or breakout-prone skin because it has the lightest texture and weightless finish.
- Resist Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum is one of two Paula’s Choice serums that does not contain retinol. It's the natural choice for anyone whose skin cannot tolerate retinol.
- Resist Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum has the lightest texture of all the Resist serums and is our only water-based (rather than silicone-based) serum. It does not contain retinol, so is recommended for those whose skin cannot tolerate this ingredient (or it may be used with one of our retinol serums).