Skin Recovery Antioxidant Serum with Retinol
Availability: In stock
Skin Recovery Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum contains a potent blend of antioxidants, cell-communicating ingredients, plant oils and anti-irritants. Each of these works quickly to revitalize lackluster skin so it can look and act healthier and younger. This elegant formula provides a barrier to help protect skin from everyday environmental damage.
- Effective for: Anti-Aging, Brown Spots, Eczema, Redness, Rosacea, Wrinkles
- Helps repair damage and stimulate collagen production
- Your skin will feel wonderfully silky as dry, flaky patches vanish
- Formulated for use around the eyes
- Excellent as a foundation primer; helps makeup go on smoothly
- Clinically proven non-irritating
- 100% fragrance and colorant-free.
- No animal testing
Review by Miya
- I have tried nearly all of Paulas Choice Serums and this is by far the most hydrating for my winter skin :) i find this is easier to apply than the resist super serum aswell, goes on very nicely ! This and the skin balancing serum are my favourite (skin balancing for when my skin is not too dry or is a hot day) (Posted on 23/03/2016)
Review by Christian
- I have very dry rosacea/dermatitis. Dry forehead, nose wings, upper lip and cheeks, behind the ears. Well, you name it. This serum is it. It leaves my skin totally full and satisfied. I almost laughed out loud the first time I felt the effect. I do admit that I believe I had about a weeks "training" for my skin to accept it but now; liquid gold. I can walk through winter without my face tightening up. (Posted on 10/02/2016)
Review by Sonya
This serum is not a serum at all is a silicon based product.
Cyclopentasiloxane (silicone slip agent), Dimethicone (silicone slip agent) that is the 1st ingredients.Here we have 0,01% retinol and the same of antioxidant oils.I payd 37 euros for silicon.I will never buy this again.this is waist of money. (Posted on 08/02/2016)
Review by Véronique
I agree with the previous reviewer : this is great as an eye cream and I've used it every night for that purpose for many years.
I even put it on my eyelids with no irritation or puffiness.
It's a great way to get some retinol around my eyes safely.
I also use it all over my face (as intended) when I need an extra layer of comfort or an antioxidant boost (when my moisturizer is not providing it).
This serum is a staple in my skincare routine.
(Posted on 07/01/2016)
Review by NightOwl
- I am using this product as an eye cream only (it gives me spots if used on the rest of the face) and I have noticed that the skin around the eye is more even and lines less pronounced. It is by far the best eye cream I have ever had and works great under makeup as well. (Posted on 22/06/2015)
Review by Lucy
- Amazing product. I have combination skin overall and get dry skin on my cheeks, which get a bit rough in winter. This is the only product that I've ever used which turned rough dry skin overnight into smooth complexioned loveliness. I haven't yet used it on the oily areas of my face as I feel they would benefit more from a different serum, but for any normal or dry skin, this is amazeballs! (Posted on 26/03/2015)
Review by Laura
- I've been using this serum for around 5 months now, and I just love it! I love applying it - the texture is gorgeous and silky, and you only need a tiny amount for your whole face. I do also put it on my eye area and have had no problems. My skin has been so amazing since using this, before it was uneven and a little rough. Not anymore. I started using this along with the 8% gel AHA, I don't know whether the result is down to one or the other, or both, but I'll keep using them. Holy grail products! (I have very dry, sensitive skin) (Posted on 07/10/2014)
Review by Robert
I actually have easily congested break out prone skin, but this used after the salicylic gel is my perfect match.
While the salicylic acid gets to work dissolving congestion, this incredible serum glides on like an oil & soaks in beautifully. I was nervous as oily things on my skin usually result in blotchy, red & even more congested skin.
But not with this magic serum! I wake to clearer brighter & very well hydrated skin. I can't tell you how delighted I am to finally find a brand I 100% trust. I have just ordered the 2% Salicylic gel & this magnificent serum after trying the samples first. So I suggest you do the same as me & order all 3 sample sets - only £3 each! Try out different combos & see what works for you. PAULA IS THE QUEEN OF SKINCARE!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH :D Xx (Posted on 06/03/2014)
Review by Charlotte
- After spending silly amounts of money, I am right back where I started - Paula's Choice. I don't know why I stepped away but was lured by expensive high street products that make big promises. Ultimately, Paula's Choice works best, it has impressive ingredients that work well together. Amongst her other products, I love this serum and will never change again. (Posted on 20/02/2014)
Review by KD
I live in a Nordic climate - my skin type is combination in summer, and quite dry in winter. I am in my mid-40s and have always tried to take care of my skin, so I don't have wrinkles, really, but I do experience the loss of radiance and more visible pores, etc., plus I'm always concerned about preserving what I have as much as possible!
I think this serum does compliment my needs - my skin has a smoother and clearer texture overall. I don't use acids or retinols every day or night; I tend to rotate them somewhat - and sometimes I give my skin an "off day/night" and stick with lots of moisture. I just go with what it seems to need from day-to-day...BHA, AHA, retinols, hyaluronic acid products, etc.- just not all at once, and that works for me.
For product compatibility, if it helps anyone:
My Paula's Choice products are part of a routine that also includes a Clinique balm cleanser, moisture mask, and PTR's Retinol Fusion. I've also used it under Illamasqua's Hydra Veil, Becca's Shimmering Skin Perfector, and under numerous foundations - cream and liquid - without any problems with pilling/uneven texture, etc. (I cannot say the same for other serums I've tried! This one is well-behaved!)
I am nearly through my first tube, and will re-order; I love the texture, and I also think I may get the non-retinol version for days when I want the antioxidants on their own. I think this serum represents a really good value when held up against similar products with similar claims, especially at Nordic pricepoints!
That said, I think people need to remember that if you have sensitivity to retinol, or aren't used to it, to take that into consideration as you rotate it into your routine - it can well feel more drying than you expected and it's not really a moisturising product, no matter how it might feel when you apply it.
I've used a lot of skincare over the years and I can honestly say that I plan to repurchase everything I've tried so far. I am not into "fad" skincare, and already being something of an ingredient geek, I really appreciate this brand. (Posted on 17/02/2014)
Review by Valeria
Unfortunately, this serum did nothing for my skin but make it break out and itch.
I have normal-to-combination skin that gets dry during the harsh Nordic winter with otherwise very minor concerns such as slightly clogged pores on my nose. I don't typically have break-outs, and when I do I can easily trace the cause: greasy food, or alcohol, or the good old lack of hygiene (think camping).
I first tried this product along with the rest of Paula's Choice routine for dry skin in spring when my skin was dehydrated after the long winter. But instead of complimenting the other products, the serum made me break out with itchy little whiteheads that went away as soon as I stopped using the product.
Of course I didn't want to believe that the serum caused the trouble, so I tried it three more times, all with the same result. Moreover, the irritation would get worse with every new attempt. Sadly, I have to give up on this serum for good now, despite the fact that I love the texture, the smell and the idea of nourishing my skin with antioxidants. customer care : Thank you for your review and we are sorry to hear about your expierences. Please contact our Customer Care department email@example.com and we will be more than pleased in assisting you finding a product more suitable for your skin type.
The Skin Recovery Super Antioxidant Concentrate serum we recommend for the dry and sensitive skin. For the normal/combination skin we prefer to recommend our Skin Balancing Super Antioxidant Concentrate. (Posted on 10/07/2013)
Review by Catarina
- I am giving it 3 stars because I really like how it feels when you're spreading the product. But other than that it seems to create a film on top of the skin and dry skin still feels tight underneath the product. I don't think it moisturizes the skin: even though it feels soft to the touch I don't feel my skin is nourished. It makes me sad as I really like the touch of it and i wanted to use it regularly (Posted on 24/05/2013)
Review by esther
- Unfortunately this serum did nothing for my dry skin. It left me feeling itchy, red, irritated, and very flaky. It also somehow stopped my moisturizer from working properly. When I do not wear this serum underneath, my moisturizer does what it is supposed to and my skin feels fine. But if I put this serum on and then my moisturizer on top, it's like it seals my skin off and the moisturizer can't get through. Maybe it's the silicons and they form some sort of barrier? Anyway, I can't use this now, as it is not moisturizing enough on its own to keep my skin feeling comfortable. Shame, as I still have a lot of it left.Customer care : Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear of your experience with this product. While this response is not typical, we do understand that each customer is uniquely different in how they will respond to products or ingredients. This along with everyday environmental factors can sometimes play a part in how someone will ultimately respond to a product or combination of products. Our customer care department will contact you. (Posted on 05/09/2012)
Review by Jar736
- This serum has completely transformed my dry, bumpy, irritated skin. I felt and saw the benefits almost straightaway after using a couple of samples. Just ordered a full size tube. I've run out now so my full size tube can't arrive quick enough. (Posted on 27/03/2012)
Review by Indra
- I use this excellent serum at night before my prescription cream. And a little secret to share, i mix a drop of this serum with vaseline pure petroleum jelly and use it as night treatment for lips during cold nights, it works wonder (I have thick lips and prone to dryness) (Posted on 16/08/2011)
Review by Anne
- There is so much hype, advertising and wish fulfillment in the cosmetic industry that it is so refreshing to buy products which are simply packaged and actually work. I have been using Paula's Choice for several years and this excellent serum is a wonderful and totally irreplaceable part of my daily routine. It does do exactly what it says in the tin... (Posted on 16/02/2011)
Review by Camilla
- just love it (Posted on 01/02/2011)
Review by meks
I absolutely love this product. It gives you that silky and smooth feeling on your skin and after using for few weeks you will definitely notice the difference on your skin. Skin looks refreshed and younger. It is moist and smooth.
This product is scentless and colorless. Packaging is absolutely great and hygienic.
My skin is oily , but I didn't have any problems using this serum. It didn't get oilier and i didn't have breakouts.
Only problem that I see is that this serum is made on silicon base, so for those who have very sensitive skin with pores that get cloged quickly, I would recommend that you test this product before buying it or just don't use it every day. (Posted on 06/12/2010)
Review by Martine
- Okay, this product needs some time to dry up/get into my skin, but besides from that I totaly LOVE this serum! As some other reviewer said, I could not do without this. (Same for the cleanser and the BHA product I use) (Posted on 30/10/2010)
Review by Alvena-Lesley
- Love the way it goes on and then sinks into the skin. Skin feels silky soft. (Posted on 29/05/2010)
Review by Hynoki
I have dry, sensitive, acne-prone, rosacea-prone 40+ skin. In my case, fewer products work better. This product single handedly moisturizes and evens out the tone visibly - no other creams needed. It goes on a bit shiny, but serves as a good base for a matt face powder.
(Posted on 03/01/2010)
Review by Elena Kh
Another irreplaceable product fro Paula. This rich, very nourishing concentrate makes my skin feel protected and safe from all the harm it gets from the day. It is a perfect base for moisturizing cream, but even after using the concentrate on its own, the skin feels super moisturized and pampered. None of the antioxidant serums or concentrates I tried before gave me such a great effect.
(Posted on 26/09/2009)
Review by Shelley
- I could not do without this product. I use it around my eyes and anywhere I feel a little dry. I went away for the weekend and forgot to bring it with me. I was not happy and as soon as I came home I smoothed it on. I realised how much I love this product! (Posted on 04/08/2009)
Skin Recovery Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum with retinol is salvation for dry, dehydrated skin. It contains a potent blend of antioxidants, cell-communicating ingredients, plant oils and anti-irritants. Each of these works quickly to revitalize lackluster skin so it can look and act healthier and younger. This elegant formula provides a barrier to help protect skin from everyday environmental damage. Your skin will be looking and feeling more radiant than you ever thought possible!
This serum is 100% fragrance- and colorant-free.
Who is this product for?
Skin Recovery Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum is formulated for normal to very dry/dehydrated skin.
Sources to support the claims made for Skin Recovery Super Antioxidant Concentrate:
Indian Journal of Dermatology, Venereology and Leprolology, January-February 2010, pages 20-26; Talanta, December 2009, pages 924-934; Toxicology Mechanisms and Methods, September 2009, pages 447–460; International Journal for Vitamin and Nutrition Research, May 2009, pages 152–165; Journal of Medicinal Food, April 2009, pages 429-434; Archives of Dermatological Research, August 2009, pages 487–495; Cell Biology and Toxicology, March 2009, Epublication; Molecules, January 2009, pages 540–554; Archives of Physiology and Biochemistry, April 2008, pages 127–149; Dermatologic Therapy, September-October 2007, pages 314-321; General Physiology and Biophysics, June 2007, pages 97-103; Archives of Dermatology, May 2007, pages 606-612; International Journal of Toxicology, Volume 24, supplement 2, 2005, pages 51-111; Experimental Dermatology, September 2005, pages 684-691; International Journal of Immunopathology and Pharmacology, July-September 2005, pages 497-502; Dermatologic Surgery, July 2005, pages 799-804; Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, April 2005, pages 1156-1162; Cosmetic Dermatology, supplement, Revisiting Retinol, January 2005, pages 1-20; Skin Pharmacology and Physiology, November-December 2004, pages 298-303; BMC Dermatology, September 2004, page 13; and International Journal of Dermatology, August 2004, pages 604-607.
All skin types can use any of our serums and each provides multiple anti-aging benefits, but there are some formulary distinctions that make certain Paula's Choice serums preferred for specific skin types. Here's how they break down:
- RESIST Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum and RESIST Intensive Wrinkle-Repair Retinol Serum can be used by all skin types, including sensitive skin. The RESIST Intensive Wrinkle-Repair Serum contains the highest amount of retinol.
- Skin Recovery Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum with retinol is best for normal to very dry skin because it contains plant oils.
- Skin Balancing Super Antioxidant Concentrate with retinol is best for normal to oily or combination or breakout-prone skin because it has the lightest texture and weightless finish.
- RESIST Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum is one of two Paula’s Choice serums that does not contain retinol. It’s the natural choice for anyone whose skin cannot tolerate retinol.
- RESIST Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum has the lightest texture of all the RESIST serums and is our only water-based (rather than silicone-based) serum. It does not contain retinol, so is recommended for those whose skin cannot tolerate this ingredient (or it may be used with one of our retinol serums).
How does the Skin Recovery Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum differ from the other retinol products Paula’s Choice offers?
Formulated especially for dry, sensitive skin, Skin Recovery Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum is loaded with skin-defending antioxidants, reparative plant oils, anti-irritants, retinol. Those with dry, sensitive skin should always begin with lower levels of retinol and see how their skin responds before moving to higher amounts.
The percentage of retinol needed for efficacy is generally between 0.01% and 1%, which is quite a range, but further proof of just how powerful retinol is!
All our products with retinol may be used with Skin Recovery Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum or on their own, as each treats skin to a beneficial range of anti-aging ingredients.
What does this product do?
The primary purpose of Skin Recovery Super Antioxidant Concentrate is to supply the skin with a selection of effective and potent antioxidants and anti-irritants. It has a silky silicone base that efficiently delivers the antioxidants into the top layers of skin and helps enhance the product's stability.
I use a prescription product with tretinoin (i.e. Retina-A, Renova, Tazorac). Since Skin Recovery Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum and Skin Balancing Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum contain retinol, is it OK to combine them?
We are not aware of any contraindications surrounding the use of tretinoin and retinol and believe this combination is beneficial to skin. Because this question concerns a prescription drug, we recommend consulting your physician and following his or her advice.
Is Skin Recovery Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum suitable for those with rosacea?
Yes. Research has shown that retinol can reduce inflammation that leads to symptoms of rosacea. The other antioxidants and soothing agents in this serum will help calm redness and soothe skin as they deliver anti-aging benefits.