Skin Recovery Daily Moisturizing Lotion with SPF30 and Antioxidants
Availability: In stock
- Same great formula, with higher SPF rating!
- Replenishes normal to very dry skin
- Lightweight cream texture
- Helps repair skin barrier
- Infuses skin with antioxidants, skin-identical ceramides, and cell-communicating ingredients
- Ideal for sensitive or rosacea-affected skin
- High Protection
- 100% fragrance- and colorant-free
Great mineral sunscreen for sensitive skin
Review by Xenia
Allthough the mineral based formula makes it "drying", I'm still happy with the product: the formula is is great for (my) sensitive skin.
(Posted on 24/03/2015)
Not moisturizing enough for my dry skin
Review by Véronique
I had high hopes for this SPF moisturizer, I usually love products in the "Skin recovery" line and they work very well for my dry skin.
But after only 10 minutes with the Skin Recovery Moisturizer SPF 30 on my face, it began to feel uncomfortably tight, despite using the Skin Recovery serum under it.
After an hour with it on I couldn't stand it anymore and had to wash my face to reapply a different SPF.
It's a pity, I'd love to find a Paula's choice high SPF moisturizer with all these wonderful antioxidants that works for me and my dry skin ! (Posted on 16/01/2015)
Excellent, best moisturizer with sunscreen ever
Review by Lene
- Usually moisturizers with sunscreen irritate my eyes - even though I do not use them around the eyes. Just putting them on my face was enough. This one does not. I love it. (Posted on 26/09/2014)
Perfect product, shame about the cap!
Review by Artemis
I purchased this following on from having religiously used the Skin Recovery lotion with SPF15 that existed originally.
I think I prefer this one even more, it feels very pleasant and isn't greasy at all (at least in the winter) and that's coming from someone with combination skin. In fact, I expect it might not be moisturising enough for people with truly dry skin.
The cap seems quite brittle and about to crack (the flip top is difficult to open), but the most annoying thing is that it is very deep and therefore there is a huge gap between the tube and the cap hole. This means that from the first time you use it, quite a large amount of cream will accumulate in the area between the tube and the cap - a waste of product, unhygienic and unsightly. I have to unscrew the cap each time I use the cream.
Incidentally, the same is true for the Skin Recovery Treatment Mask. I don't know if you've changed the caps in all the products, but they really are not functional at all. Customer Care : Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that you are disappointed in packing of the moisturizer and we will share your findings with our product development team. In the meantime our customer care department will contact you to find a suitable solution. (Posted on 09/01/2014)
Brilliant product, the only thing that has helped with roseacea
Review by Martha
- I have been using this product for the past 7 months. I have roseacea and my skin can feel itchy and irritated. This product has provided the much needed spf to protect my over sensitised skin. Yet it is light enough not to make your skin feel clogged like the way most other SPF's feel. It suits the combination of my skin. My cheeks can be red, dry and extremely sore, but the rest of my face is normal type. Since using this cream alongside the cleansing products there has been a marked improvement. It is the best product I have used and I have tried a lot! Very Happy, just reordered. The advice given by the Paulas Choice on-line help centre was perfect. Thank you (Posted on 27/07/2013)
Review by Hatty
- I found this product sank into the skin immediately giving a moderate and non-greasy hydration. It provided the perfect base for foundation and the smell was very fresh, kind of like cucumbers but in a good way. I would definately recommend this product x (Posted on 19/01/2013)
too much of a white cast
Review by Darren
- The ingredients are impressive and I really looked forward to using it, but even with my dry skin it took ages to sink in and left me with a pale complexion. Why cant PC develop a spf moisturiser for dry skin without the white case? Customer Care: Thank you for sharing your experience with us. For the dry skin our Pure Mineral Sunscreen with SPF15 could be a good alternative. It will be our pleasure to send you a sample. (Posted on 15/06/2012)
Review by Annabel
- Having tried dozens of different moisturisers, most recently Liz Earle superskin which didn't help my dry skin at all, I'm super happy with this moisturiser. Somehow manages to hydrate my skin but with no greasy feeling. Great products. If my skin is feeling a little bit dry, I will wear the Resist moisturiser underneath. (Posted on 27/03/2011)
Great for dry sensitive skin!
Review by Tessa
- Really good product, I have tried many many more, but none were as gentle and moisturising as this one. (Posted on 16/02/2011)
I don't burn any more! And no more redness!
Review by Alice Jane
- My BF and I both use this product (me every day, him on sunny weekends and holidays). We quite simply don't burn any more. I use it more heavily on my t-zone, which is more oily. But I apply it all over my face, neck, upper chest, hands and forearms. I have been prone to facial redness, exposed skin burning, and passive sun damage my whole adult life but no longer! Friends and family tell me I look great. Thanks, Paula! PS. Please fix the packaging. The cap comes off and breaks... But you know this already from other reviewers. (Posted on 19/09/2010)
Skin still dry after using this product
Review by Charlie
Unfortunately this is another product of Paula which I will not order again. I have combination skin, dry cheeks, skin around the eys and an oily T-Zone. So I've opted to using two different moisturisers. Paula's moisturiser for combination skin, which works fine, and this one for applying on the dry areas. The colour is ghastly, the consistency almost like a very thin dough, or like flour mixed with water, and it simply doesn't do the trick of providing enough moisture to those dry areas. I always have to use a different moisturiser on top of it.
Customer Care: we advise you to apply a moisturizer or super antioxidant concentrate product for your skin type under the moisturizer with sunscreen.
(Posted on 22/07/2010)
Review by Ellie
I must say that I'm not too pleased with this product. I loved the antioxidant serum and the hydration mask and the BHA lotion... but this product smells really weird.. kinda smells like glue.. and the formula is really sticky and uncomfortable just like how normal sunblock feels on my face. The cap also falls off all the time so I've given up even trying to keep it on. Can't say I would ever buy this product again but I like the other paula's choice products...
Customer Care: What you smell is the scent of one or more of the ingredients used for the production of the Skin Recovery Daily Moisturizing Lotion SPF 15. The smell of this product can be interpreted differently from one customer to the next based on their sensitivity level. (Posted on 19/05/2010)
Review by VSP
I bought this moisturiser specifically because it was a moisturiser with SPF for dry to very dry skin. Whilst it has a nice texture and absorbs fairly quickly into my skin, I have not found it emollient enough - my skin is looks and feels quite dry about an hour after application! I am in my early 30s and wonder how the Paula's Choice range works for people who are older (and apparently tend to have drier skin)?
Customer Care: if your skin is very dry, we advise you to use a moisturizer without SPF under the Skin Recovery Daily Moisturizing Lotion with SPF15 (Posted on 15/03/2010)
Good product, packaging needs improving
Review by Gaia
Very good cream, light texture and not greasy at all. I agree on the problems with the plastic cap becoming loose and breaking very quickly.
Customer Service comment: The product development team in the US is reviewing the packaging of this product and working on an alternative plastic cap (Posted on 04/03/2010)
Great product, but...
Review by Raluca
- This product was a great sunscreen I used since 2 months ago. I gave up buying it because of a problem already raised up, the inadequate packaging. I bought it 3 times and each time the plastic cap broke, no matter how much I wanted to take care of putting it back. Otherwise, the product is great, but I cant use a product which is not safely covered. Thanx (Posted on 05/12/2009)
Review by Elena Kh
- I totally agree with every positive review about this product. It leaves amazing feeling, has very smooth texture, the white cast is actually very little and lasts seconds, no greasy feeling at all. I don’t know which of the products of Skin Recover set allows my pores to look so much smaller than with any other skin care line I tried before, maybe the effect comes from using them in combination (I bought the whole Skin Recovery set and I’m super happy with it). Apart from that the cream is a perfect base for foundation. I have some primers, but don’t use them at all now, as I don’t feel I need them after using this perfect cream. Will buy new one as soon as current pack finishes! (Posted on 26/09/2009)
Review by Colleen
- I must echo Anne's review. I think this is an excellent product, and I've tried dozens and dozens. I trust the SPF and ingredients, and love that I can wear foundation on top and my face doesn't feel greasy a half hour later. The white cast lasts only a few minutes and is quickly absorbed--I assume this is the SPF. And I've never had a problem with the packaging. Love the pump dispenser. Fantastic product. (Posted on 06/09/2009)
Review by C in Suisse
- I've never had a problem with the packaging, texture or white cast (it disappears very quickly into my skin). I love this product, mainly because I trust the ingredients, know that they're doing great things for my skin, and most of all, I can wear foundation on top and it doesn't feel greasy or make my skin look shiny. This is the only SPF moisturizer I've used which provides super moisturizing, reliable sunscreen AND doesn't leave my face looking like an oil slick---and I've tried many, many, many. (Posted on 06/09/2009)
I love it
Review by Anne
- I love this product. It's not greasy, absorbs well, and is a base for foundation. I know my skin is well looked after and I can feel confident in the sun, whether wearing make up or not. (Posted on 30/08/2009)
Great product shame about the packaging!
Review by onebadbaby
I have not given this 5 stars simply because the packaging is inadequate. The plastic cap cracked and broke within a week and the pump dispenser fails most days and has to be pumped vigorously before it can be reactivated. I don't like paying extra for fancy packaging but I do want it to be functional at least!!!!!!! Any how, the product is a great sunscreen and it feels like it is protecting my skin and it is non greasy and gentle. I do not notice a white film like the other reviewer, I find it is quickly absorbed and works well under make up.
Customer Service comment: The product development team in the US is reviewing the packaging of this product and working on an alternative plastic cap. (Posted on 19/06/2009)
Good but too white&greasy
Review by Hec
- Once you apply this product to your face you realize how good it is, not only because of the list of ingredients but also because of the texture and the silky finish it leaves. However it's to greasy and the worst thing is that it leaves a zombie white cast which looks horrible, at least over my skin. I think other people had this problem which could have been fixed upgrading the product including a little amount of color. (Posted on 19/05/2009)
Sources to support the claims made for Skin Recovery Daily Moisturizing Lotion with SPF 30 & Antioxidants:
Future Oncology, December 2008, pages 841–856; Clinics in Dermatology, November-December 2008, pages 614–626; Skin Therapy Letter, September 2008, pages 5–9; Journal of Drugs in Dermatology, July 2008, pages S7–S12; Skin Pharmacology and Physiology, June 2008, pages 136–149; Pharmazie, January 2008, pages 58–60; Indian Journal of Dermatology, Venereology, and Leprology, March-April 2007, pages 80–85; Journal of Pathology, January 2007, 241–251; Journal of Dermatological Science, September 2006, pages 159–169; American Journal of Clinical Dermatology, June 2005, pages 215–223; Journal of Postgraduate Medicine, July 2004, pages 131–139; International Journal of Dermatology, July 2003, page 505; Journal of Investigative Dermatology, January 2002, pages 117–125; and Clinical Experimental Dermatology, October 2001, pages 573–577.
For casual wear, meaning less than four hours total time out in the sun, it is not necessary to reapply sunscreen as you will be protected all day. If you are perspiring or just spending a longer period of time outdoors, it should be reapplied.