Resist Replenishing Toner
Skin Type: Normal Skin | Dry Skin
Concern: Anti-Aging | Sensitive Skin | Wrinkles
Full product name: Resist Advanced Replenishing Toner Skin Remodeling Complex
Size: 118 ml
Availability: In stock
Resist Advanced Replenishing Toner is our most state-of-the-art toner. Everything about it is designed to provide superior benefits to aging skin. From the first application your skin is smoother, softer, and visibly radiant. See redness and signs of irritation vanish, and with ongoing use, you will see fewer wrinkles and a beautifully healthy skin tone.
- The second step in your Resist antiaging skin-care routine
- Unlike any other toner you may have experienced
- Antioxidant-rich formula nourishes your skin with its rich, milky texture
- Helps restore and protect your skin’s healthy barrier function
- Leaves your skin feeling unbelievably silky with a gorgeous glow
- Restores essential elements aging skin needs to produce healthy collagen and reduce wrinkles
- Instantly calms your skin and reduces redness
- Works beautifully to remove last traces of makeup
- Formulated for all skin types but best for normal to very dry skin
- pH 5.5–6.0
- 100% fragrance- and colorant-free
prices are including VAT
Review by Michelle
- I have never believed in toners - I never saw the point. I swayed from this position when I saw my favourite Aesthetician raving about this product on YouTube. She was saying that that it gives a glow and radiance to the skin, and that when she ran out of the product, her skin's luminosity soon took a dip. That was enough to convince me and I ordered promptly. Turns out, this toner did not disappoint one bit! I am 40 and have very dry, lacklustre skin, despite eating healthy food, exercising and using the finest products known to man. It only took a use or 2 of this toner to start seeing a remarkable difference in brightness and clarity and it immediately won "can't live without" status in my skincare regimin. I would seriously recommend this bad boy. It's worth every penny! (Posted on 02/07/2015)
Review by Eunyoung
- Ever heard of the 'devil's 3 seconds'? I have. Experienced it too, I think. I heard it first on some beauty show from Korea and it means the first 3 seconds right after towel drying your face from a wash. During these 3 seconds while the pores are still open, it is crucial to moisturise to prevent your face turning taught and dry. Where I say I've experienced this, I mean, I find that my face turns taught and dry very quickly right after drying my face if delay splashing some sort of toner on it. And that time seems to be as short as 3 seconds. Anyway, while some toners seem to evaporate just as quickly as you slap some on, this milky toner with a very runny jelly-like consistency tends to stay on my face quite well, and most of all, VERY moisturising. On first use, I even thought about leaving the skincare routine there for the night since it was quite 'quenching'. Also good at calming down irritated skin. Am a fan. (Posted on 01/06/2015)
Review by Marlene
- I haven't used toner for years but as I get older I decided that I need to take more care of my skin. After receiving a sample of this Toner I went ahead and bought a full size bottle. You only need a few drops on a cotton pad for your whole face and neck, so it will last ages. It's lovely, cooling and refreshing and definitely makes my skin feel nicer and ready for moisturing. It has a lovely, silky feel to it and soaks into your skin quickly. I have bought other, cheaper toners in the past but will definitely be sticking to this one from now on. (Posted on 29/05/2015)
Review by Alzbeta
- This toner is absolutely lovely! It's the only thing in past several years, that helped me survive the winter months without flaky dry skin on my cheeks. It also helped with dry itching spots on my face, that I sometimes have because of eczema. I also suffer from rosacea and this product works perfectly to suppress the redness in my face. (Posted on 06/05/2015)
Review by Lucy
- This feels soothing and calming on my skin - easy enough to apply it with fingers, you don't even have to use a cotton pad. Has a lotion texture which soaks in quickly and leaves my combination skin rebalanced. (Posted on 12/04/2015)
Review by Joseph
- This toner gets my skin feeling in perfect condition for the rest of my routine. It softens my slightly drier cheeks and preps my slightly oily t zone for my spf. Its packed for loads of antioxidants as well and free of irritants, what more could you ask for! (Posted on 10/03/2015)
Review by Olivier
- Went through a whole bottle of this and didn't see any particular mind-blowing results. It's moisturizing and feels real nice on the face but that's about it. At least, to me. As a guy with combination skin, PC Skin-Balancing toner works way better for me. (Posted on 07/09/2014)
Review by Julie
- I don't often write reviews, but this product is so good. Skin feels lovely and it has really helped with my redness. Only one small criticism - wish they did larger bottles. (Posted on 19/06/2014)
Review by Alegría Shiau
I really like its milky texture, RESIST Advanced Replenishing Toner Skin Remodeling Complex makes my skin hydrated and calmed, it has never made my skin itch, I can say it's best toner in the world!
(Posted on 08/06/2014)
Review by Mara
Skin type: oily, combination, late 20's, female.
One of the best toners I've ever used. Freshens up the entire face, leaves it smooth and brings back the bounce into your skin.
In the wintertime it goes well with a moisturizer, during the summer, on its own and with a sunscreen.
I alternate with the Clear Pore Normalizing cleanser/toner, as I tend to get red bumps at times and tiny pimples because my nose sweats a lot (still haven't figured out which product is causing that). (Posted on 02/06/2014)
Review by Douglas
- This stuff is amazing...calms my skin like nothing else i have ever tried...and most important. ..no breakouts!!! I have hunted high and low for years for products that do not upset my skin...I finally found them here...so happy. Please don't EVER change the formula...many thanks! (Posted on 26/05/2014)
Review by Riika
- I can't gush enough about this toner. I simply slap it on my face with hands morning and evening before moisturizing and I love how it instantly calms the tightness and tones down the redness in my skin. A winter necessity, for sure! I have combination skin, though my combination is more along the lines of sahara-normalish and my main problems are redness since I'm very fair and fine lines and flaky skin due to dryness. This targets both of those issues beautifully. (Posted on 01/05/2014)
Review by Dorthe
Sooo excited about this product!
I simply love it, leaves my skin refreshed, soft and ready for a BHA or AHA product. Helped me get rid of several dry patches, and works well with my combined/sensitive/rosacea skin. (Posted on 18/02/2014)
Review by pf
- lightly hydrates, smoothes skin, thick enough to apply with fingers. Really great product! (Posted on 06/01/2014)
Review by NATACHA
- Well it's the first time I don't like a PC product....the cleanser of the same line is simply wonderful and leaves my skin hydrated and feeling good BUT when I put the toner after it I really can't say the same! My skin feels tight and uncomfortable...definitely not made for me.....plus I really dislike the way it "glides" on the skin like it was only silicon...it's not nice to put on the face and it doesn't help my skin....i'll not buy this one again ...I need to find the right one for my normal skin.. (Posted on 01/11/2013)
Review by Nia
- I have a combination skin and use this toner every morning and evening immediately after cleansing. It has a very gentle and moisturising effect, leaves my skin fresh and soft. I absolutely love the fact that I can apply it with my fingers since it has a thicker texture. I recommend it to everyone. (Posted on 10/04/2013)
Review by Linda
- I´ve only used samples of this toner, and it felt great at first. After a few days of using it I developed big red bumps on my cheeks and neck. These red bumps stayed for about a week and left red marks. My skin is sensitive, but something like this has never happened to me before. Too bad, I really liked the texture and how soft my skin felt when I used it. Customer Care : Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear of your experience with this product. While the response you have indicated is not typical, we do understand that each customer is uniquely different in how they will respond to products or ingredients. This along with everyday environmental factors can sometimes play a part in how someone will ultimately respond to a product or combination of products. If you would like to discuss other toner options that may be better suited for your particular skin, please contact customer care. We are happy to help and can arrange to have samples right away. (Posted on 09/01/2013)
Review by charlotte
- This is a fantastic product, no less! I distribute a good amount of toner in my palms, splash my face and add exfoliant, serum or moisturizer very quickly after that - that way I use less product. Sometimes I mix a little toner with the barrier repair moisturizer in my palms, it absorbs beautifully that way. I go through a bottle relatively quickly, but it's worth it! (Posted on 31/10/2012)
Review by ALBA
- A great toner for use in combination with the RESIST cleanser. It's very gentle and soft and the skins feels wonderfull after using it. (Posted on 16/07/2012)
Review by Fiona
I love this toner, I'm on my second bottle.
In line with what Alice said below, I throw this on my face the minute I'm out of the shower, and I don't get that awful parched feeling.
I really noticed how much I value it when I went travelling and didn't take it with me - I really missed it! I feel like it really smoothes and hydrates my skin, and dryness doesn't even have a chance.
I only need a few drops each use, so a bottle lasts me for nearly three months, which is great. I would also love to see a smaller size for travelling, however - perhaps in a little spray bottle (a la the mini Clinique Moisture Surge sprays sold in multi packs)? (Posted on 18/01/2012)
Review by Milena
- I have just ordered a second bottle of this toner. It's simply an oustanding product. It glides on smoothly and sinks in without leaving any residue. I have a combination skin and find that it balances it perfectly. During the warmer months, I found it was often enough on its own for moisturising my skin. Now, in the colder weather, it's still going strong and I haven't needed anything more than applying a sunscreen or serum on top. (Posted on 08/12/2011)
Review by Alice
- I have normal/combination skin and whilst the RESIST line (and Paula's Choice products in general) have significantly improved my skin, this is a standout product. As Eric writes, the texture is milky and slightly thicker than other PC toners and applying after a shower instantly rehydrates and smoothes skin. It is soft to apply, absorbs quickly and leaves a noticeable difference in skin tone - this product could easily be worn alone under sunscreen if you have my skin type. Top marks! (Posted on 20/07/2011)
Review by Eric
- If I could, I would rate this product 6 stars ! This toner has everything someone with sensitive/reactive skin could dream of : nice slip on skin to prevent friction/irritation, slightly thickened milky texture to allow cottonpad or fingers application (without the toner running through fingers), powerful soothing and instant redness vanishing. So moisturizing that it's exactly what is needed when the RESIST Barrier Repair Moisturizer is not enough during colder months, and exactly what an oily skin needs as a sole moisturizer during hotter months. The bottle is smaller than usual, but this toner contains so many antioxidants and cell-communicating ingredients that a larger bottle wouldn't be a good idea as these ingredients could loose their effectiveness as air gets inside the bottle. I couldn't live without it anymore :-) (Posted on 24/03/2011)
How should this product be used?
Use after washing your face with Resist Optimal Results Hydrating Cleanser. Lightly soak a large cotton pad with Resist Advanced Replenishing Toner and gently stroke over facial skin. Do not rinse. Follow with Paula’s Choice Resist Barrier Repair Moisturizer, sunscreen, and/or treatment product.
What makes this product unique?
RESIST Advanced Replenishing Toner has a unique milky texture that is ultra-soothing to instantly calm your skin. Its diverse cocktail of anti-aging ingredients preserves and reinforces skin's barrier, helps repair sun damage, and instantly restores radiance. This super-charged toner provides the essential elements aging skin needs to reduce wrinkles, quell redness, and improve skin tone. It is, without question, one of the most state-of-the-art toners we know of!
This product is 100% fragrance- and colorant-free.
Who is this product for?
Resist Advanced Replenishing Toner is formulated for anyone with normal to very dry skin concerned with reducing the signs of aging. Excellent for all skin types experiencing seasonal dryness or struggling with dry, flaky patches.
Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane (silicone-based skin-conditioning agent), Glycerin (skin-identical agent), Glycereth-26 (emollient), Dimethiconol (silicone based skin-conditioning ingredient), Linoleic Acid (essential fatty acid/cell-communicating ingredient), Oleic Acid (essential fatty acid/cell-communicating ingredient), Linolenic Acid (essential fatty acid/cell-communicating ingredient), Phospholipids (skin-identical agent), Carnosine (cell-communicating ingredient), Epigallocatechin Gallate (antioxidant), Genistein (antioxidant), (skin-conditioning ingredient), Sphingolipids (skin-conditioning ingredient), Ferulic Acid (antioxidant), Laurdimonium Hydrolyzed Soy Protein (skin-conditioning ingredient), Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract (anti-irritant), Acetyl Glucosamine (water-binding agent), Tocopherol (vitamin E/antioxidant), Ascorbyl Palmitate (stabilized vitamin C/antioxidant), Quercetin (antioxidant), Palmitic acid (antioxidant), Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil (non-fragrant plant oil), Beta Vulgaris (Beet) Root Extract (antioxidant), Curcubita Pepo (Pumpkin) Seed Extract (antioxidant), Lecithin (plant-based emollient), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (emollient), Hydrolyzed Corn Starch (opacifying agent), Polysorbate 20 (emulsifier), Hydrogenated Lecithin (cell-communicating ingredient), Butylene Glycol (slip agent), Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer (film-forming agent), Xanthan Gum (thickener), Laureth-23 (cleansing agent), Laureth-4 (emulsifier), Aminomethyl Propanol (pH adjuster)), Disodium EDTA (stabilizer), Sorbic Acid (preservative), Sodium Benzoate (preservative), Benzoic Acid (preservative), Ethylhexylglycerin (skin-conditioning agent), Chlorphenesin (preservative), Phenoxyethanol (preservative).
Sources to support the claims made for Resist Advanced Replenishing Toner Skin Remodeling ComplexJournal of Cosmetic Science, April 2010, pages 19–27; Archives of Dermatologic Research, March 2010, pages 71–83; FEBS Letters, December 2009, Epbulication; Dermato-Endocrinology, March 2009, pages 72–76; International Journal of Molecular Medicine, August 2008, pages 229–236; Clinics in Dermatology, November-December 2008, pages 614–626; Skin Therapy Letter, September 2008, pages 5–9; Journal of Investigative Dermatology, September 2008, pages 2,166–2,178; Journal of Dermatological Science, August 2008, pages 89–102; Journal of Drugs in Dermatology, July 2008, pages S7–S12; Food and Chemical Toxicology, April 2008, pages 1,298–1,307; Dermatologic Therapy, September-October 2007, pages 322–329; Dermatologic Surgery, "The Antioxidant Network of the Stratum Corneum," July 2005, pages 814–817; Exogenous Dermatology, June 2004, pages 154–160; American Journal of Clinical Dermatology, May 2004, pages 327–337; and Dermatologic Therapy, January 2004, pages 16–25.
What do toners “tone”? I thought Paula didn’t recommend toners!
Paula has always recommended toners that are well-formulated. Toners can be a great after-cleansing step to be sure you've removed all of your makeup. When properly formulated, they soothe skin and add hydrating ingredients to make skin softer, not to mention they're another leave-on source for antioxidants and other ingredients that improve skin's healthy functioning.
How do I know which toner is right for me? Besides skin type, what are the main differences between the four Paula’s Choice toners?
All of our toners restore skin, help remove last traces of makeup, are alcohol- and fragrance-free, and contain no unnecessary irritants such as menthol, peppermint, and citrus oils. They are great as an adjunct to a more thorough cleansing routine, especially post-workout or in hot/humid climates. Even more significantly they go beyond the basics by offering skin benefits you can see and feel.