Resist Anti-Aging Moisturizer SPF25
Regular Price: €36.90
Special Price: €33.21
Availability: In stock
- Shields skin from wrinkles and brown spots
- Provides gentle broad-spectrum UVA/UVB protection (Medium protection)
- Silky cream soothes and brightens
- Contains antioxidants for enhanced protection
- Designed to work beautifully under makeup
- Great for sensitive or rosacea-affected skin
- 100% fragrance- and colorant-free
Regular Price: €36.90
Special Price: €33.21
Review by Paul
I love this SPF cream. Absolutely perfect for my dry-combination skin. It both kills any redness and irritation, and layers perfectly with any PC serum or exfoliant of my choosing. Although it is safer to be liberal with application, I find a little of this Resist SPF goes a long way, so a single tube can last me for several months.
Prior to this I was using the Resist SPF for oily skin (with zinc based protection) but found that it wasn't emollient enough for my dry areas, such as the cheeks and eye area. This is obviously the heavier cream, but it blends in perfectly without the added sheer tint of it's sister product and (I would imagine) provides more of a cushion for makeup.
The only downside I can see is that it gives the skin a healthy dewy look - something that not all guys might appreciate. Absolutely a 5-star product, and something I would now not want to be without. (Posted on 10/03/2016)
Review by abel
I'm a fan of Paula's product, but this one disappointed me. The titanium dioxide only protection does not protect against the full uva range, but only against the uva2. I treat my skin every night with tazarotene, so my skin is extra sensitive to the sun. It's a shame because the other ingredients are fantastic, but the spf is not enough. It would perhaps be a good idea to add to this product a touch of zinc oxyde to cover the full uva spectrum.
Customer Care: Thank you for your feedback, all our SPF products provide a full broad spectrum protection. (Posted on 25/12/2015)
Review by Martina
- For me this cream is to heavy for summer, but when temperatures drop it is the moisturizer to use. If the temperatures are lower then this cream is not to fatty, it gets quickly absorbed and leaves a nice smooth finishing touch. Not too white at all (although my skin is a bit darker). All in all- I love it! (Posted on 18/10/2015)
Review by Sharron
- I ordered a sample of this and have to say it is perfect for me. I love that it's mineral sunscreen and that it goes on smoothly gives just the right amount of moisture without being at all sticky. That said my skin errs on the slightly dry side. Leaves no white cast just a gorgeous glow. I love it and will be ordering a full size tube (Posted on 23/09/2015)
Review by Ana
I ordered me this moisturizer because of many good review. However, it does not work for me at all. I have noticed, that my face turns orange after just an hour. I don't know why this happens, but I definitely don't like it. Also, I can feel this typical sunscreen smell the entire day. I am in general fine with perfumes, but this one just drives me crazy.
When I was applying it for the first time, I was very disappointed about how white it was at first. Luckily, it absorbs and does not leave the skin white, but my face stays shiny like a Christmas tree, though my skin is dry. It does not seem to moisturize my skin well, though it seems very thick.
Will probably have to use it on holiday, although I actually prefer higher SPF, when I am on holiday.
(Posted on 13/08/2015)
Review by Mariska
- Feels good and gives this beautiful glow on your skin. My dry skin is soft and hydrated all day long and with the SPF well protected, even in summer. I don't use any foundation and had already a few women who asked me for the moisturizer I use. So I think it will be the first time I will stick with a cream :) (Posted on 14/11/2014)
Review by pf
I usually use the Hydralight sunscreen for my normal skin, but bought this for winter as it's more moisturising - which indeed it is, the texture is a lot more emollient.
Unfortunately it does not work at all with any of my foundations - it seems like the ingredients in this moisturizer somehow activate the film forming agents in foundation ( Mac Face and Body for example) which makes the latter impossible to blend and apply properly. Worn on it's own this sunscreen does make you quite shiny - I think only the driest skins could get away with not using some powder.
It's a great cream for hands though, richer than the resist hand cream. (Posted on 12/05/2014)
Review by Ros
- I love this moisturiser and have been using it for the past couple of years. As mentioned by others, it does have a white tint but this sinks in quickly. My skin is dry and I find this hydrating and a great base for makeup. The sunscreen is fantastic - I went to Greece for a couple of weeks and did not need to use any other facial sunscreen at all. (Posted on 30/04/2014)
Review by Charlotte
- I have normal to dry/dehydrated skin. So usually I'd do serum, moisturiser without spf, and then slap on a high SPF on top of all that. With this moisturiser I can skip the non-spf moisturiser. Its got a lot of emollient and it is rich, but my skin loves it and I like that dewy/shiny look. A light dusting of loose powder and I'm good to go. Happy skin! (Posted on 28/02/2014)
Review by Bianca
I am in two minds about this product. I have just used mine up and so I feel like I can give a good long-term review, because it truly does last forever. The texture is nice. It absorbs reasonably fast on my combination skin. It also keeps my skin moisturized all day. I have no adverse skin reactions to it. I have tried several of the other Paula's Choice moisturizers with spf and I believe this is the best of the lot!
Why I am in two minds is that it seems to turn on my skin after a few hours. If this was foundation I'd say it oxidizes, but it is not so I'm not sure what is happening, but my skin definitely looks oily and has a weird orange reflexion even on days where I don't wear foundation. It also feels sticky then on my skin and I don't care much for this feeling. After a few weeks of continuous use I also noticed that the product seems to separate in the tube. Some clear liquidy stuff will come out before the actual cream comes out which had me worried, but as there was no bad smell I believe that the product was still save to use.Overall, I think it's the best Paula's Choice daytime moisturizer but I will not re-purchase due to the effects described above. Customer care : Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear of your experience with this product. While this response is not typical, we do understand that each customer is uniquely different in how they will respond to products or ingredients. This along with everyday environmental factors can sometimes play a part in how someone will ultimately respond to a product or combination of products. Our Product Development Team has confirmed the separation issue is a result of condensation from heat, and typically reconstitutes with a bit of shaking. However, if you are still unsatisfied you may return the product within 30 days after date of purchase and we will refund the purchase price. (Posted on 24/06/2012)
Review by Johanna
Love the product when new, but my cream curdles rather quickly which is rather annoying for such an expensive product. It then looks disgusting. Really strange and it's just lying on the bathroom shelve or in my gym bag. I never have this problem with any of the other Paula's Choice products.
Customer Care: Thank you for your review.
We are sorry to hear about your experience. What usually helps is to shake well before using. It is still safe to use. We will contact you by email. (Posted on 26/04/2012)
Review by charlotte
- First of all I like the way that this moisturizer feels on my skin - it moisturizes and leaves skin looking hydrated - not white. However, you need to use a considerable amount for your face and neck, and seeing that the tube is quite small you will run out of product very quickly. For that very reason I have now bought the extra care moisturizing sunscreen spf 30, which comes in a larger tube. Finally I find that this moisturizer has a metallic scent which follows me around all day - whenever I turn my head or touch my face I can smell the metallic scent (probably the physical sunscreen ingredients) and that sort of puts me off. The scent does not disappear as the day goes by, unfortunately! I only hope that the extra care spf 30 sunscreen contains the same amount of antioxidants and beneficial skin care ingredients as this one... (Posted on 24/04/2012)
Review by Fiona
A silky smooth, rich sunscreen that won't irritate your skin and eyes, and will provide heaps of hydration. If that's what you're after, this product is what you need! If however, you have anything approaching oily skin, then this is not your sunscreen, caveat emptor.
It doesn't leave a white cast on my skin, though there is a slight 'brightening' effect - which I love, actually. Leaves skin looking very smooth and dewy. I have no problems applying foundation over this.
I don't have any problems with the cap dispenser - you very quickly learn to squeeze out slightly less than you think you'll need, and the rest comes out when you close the lid. Pretty simple.
(Posted on 18/01/2012)
Review by Una
- I also find that it leaves my skin shiny and a bit of a White tint- I think I will be saving this one for the beach in summer (Posted on 24/10/2011)
Review by Chelo
- I don´t like the white efect on my skin. I have combination/oily and I think this cream works better on dry-sensitive skins. If I use it under makeup, my skin shines a little. I'm going to use it on winter to finish it. (Posted on 15/09/2011)
Review by Mina
- I'm slowly working my way through all the PC products and am very happy with nearly everything. Unfortunately, though the ingredients in this cream may well be excellent, the cosmetic effect is not right for me. I have fairly dry skin and this has a very matte texture on me. It seems to take all the smoothness out of my make-up and leave it looking uneven. I've tried applying more emolient products on top or mixing it with serum and this helps a bit, but I'm afraid my skin still looks better if I just don't use it at all. (Posted on 14/07/2011)
Review by QueenB
- I love this day cream! I love the physical sunscreen, love the finish and love the way my skin feels. I've had compliments on my skin, and I'm even complimenting it myself. It really is excellent. (Posted on 08/07/2011)
How should this product be used?
Apply liberally every day before sun exposure as the last step of your morning Resist skin-care routine. Do not apply any other skin-care product over this sunscreen. Once absorbed, proceed with your normal makeup application.
What makes this product unique?
This ultra-gentle yet effective formula has a lightweight, silky-cream texture that hydrates and enhances radiance while providing extremely effective mineral-based, broad-spectrum sun protection. It includes potent antioxidants to defend your skin from environmental stressors, allowing the skin to repair itself on a cellular level, and restoring skin's ability to resist further signs of aging. Used daily, this moisturizer will help reduce wrinkles and brown spots, while rebuilding collagen and improving skin tone.
100% Fragrance-free, colorant-free and formulated to work beautifully under make-up
Who is the ideal customer for this product?
Resist Cellular Defense Daily Moisturizer with SPF 25 & Antioxidants is specially formulated for normal to dry skin. It is a gentle mineral sunscreen that is also excellent for sensitive or rosacea-affected skin.
Resist Cellular Defense Daily Moisturizer with SPF 25 & Antioxidants:Aqua, Titanium Dioxide (nano, 8%) (sunscreen agent), Tribehenin PEG-20 Esters (emulsifying agent), Cyclopentasiloxane (silicone slip agent), Trimethylsiloxysilicate (silicone slip agent), Glycerin (skin-repairing ingredient), Caprylyl Methicone (skin conditioning agent), Stearic Acid (emollient), Squalane (emollient), (skin-repairing ingredient), Tocopherol (vitamin E/antioxidant), Tocopheryl Acetate (vitamin E/antioxidant), Ubiquinone (antioxidant), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract (antioxidant), Oryzanol (antioxidant), Leontopodium Alpinum Flower/Leaf Extract (antioxidant), Buddleja Davidii Extract (antioxidant), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (water-binding agent), Diisopropyl Dimer Dilinoleate (emollient), Diisostearyl Dimer Dilinoleate (emollient), Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer (silicone film-forming agent), Cetyl Alcohol (thickener), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate (thickener), Polyacrylamide (film-forming agent), Polyhydroxystearic Acid (thickener), Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate/Triethoxycaprylylsilane Crosspolymer (polymer-based texture enhancer), Laureth-7 (surfactant), Thymus Vulgaris Extract (antioxidant), C13-14 Isoparaffin (thickener), Alumina (thickener), Sodium Hydroxide (pH adjuster), Xanthan Gum (thickener), Disodium EDTA (chelating agent), Dehydroacetic Acid (preservative), Benzyl Alcohol (preservative).
Sources to support the claims made for Resist Cellular Defense Daily Moisturizer with SPF 25 & Antioxidants
Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, January 2011, pages 193–199; Collegium Anthropologicum, September 2010, pages 1,145–1,153; Planta Medica, June 2010, pages 869–875; American Journal of Clinical Dermatology, 2009 Supplement, pages 19–24; Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, May 2008, pages S149–S154; Pharmazie, January 2008, pages 58-60; International Journal of Pharmaceutics, August 2010, pages 78–83; and October 2007, pages 181–189; Skin Pharmacology and Physiology, November-December 2005, pages 253–262; Cutis, September 2004, pages 32–34; and www.naturaldatabase.com.
Should I reapply Resist Cellular Defense Daily Moisturizer during the day?
For casual wear, meaning less than four hours total time out in the sun, it is not necessary to reapply this moisturizer with sunscreen as you will be protected all day. If you are perspiring or just spending a longer period of time outdoors, it should be reapplied every few hours to maintain the stated level of protection.
How is Resist Cellular Defense Daily Moisturizer SPF 25 different from Skin Recovery Daily Moisturizing Lotion SPF 30?
Although both products provide reliable broad-spectrum sun protection, Resist Cellular Defense Daily Moisturizer SPF 25 offers a greater amount of sun protection. The Resist formula contains titanium dioxide as its active ingredient while Skin Recovery Daily Moisturizing Lotion contains a blend of titanium dioxide and zinc oxide. Both formulas contain antioxidants to help defend skin against signs of aging, but each has its own blend. Texture-wise, these two daytime moisturizers with sunscreen are quite similar. Both provide hydration and a silky, radiant finish those with normal to dry skin will appreciate best. Resist Cellular Defense Daily Moisturizer SPF 25 leaves less sheen on skin when compared to Skin Recovery Daily Moisturizing Lotion SPF 30.
Is Resist Cellular Defense Daily Moisturizer SPF 25 the only Paula’s Choice moisturizer with sunscreen that provides anti-aging benefits?
Definitely not! Every Paula’s Choice daytime moisturizer with sunscreens as well as our “body” sunscreens (which can also be applied to the face) provide broad-spectrum sun protection and contain antioxidants for enhanced defense and anti-aging benefits. Resist Cellular Defense Daily Moisturizer SPF 25 contains an antioxidant blend that complements the other Resist products from Paula’s Choice, including the Daily Smoothing Treatment and Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum.