How to have party-perfect skin
With party season in full swing, we asked our Education Manager Francesca Cambuli to share her top skincare and make-up tips for radiant, glowing skin before and after the party.
The night before
Take some time out to prepare your skin ahead of your big night:
- After cleansing, toning and exfoliating skin, apply Super Hydrate Overnight Mask and wake up to radiant, soothed and replenished skin. Top tip: this lightweight mask works for every skin type, but if your skin tends to be on the drier side, you can add in a few drops of Moisture Renewal Oil Booster
- Massage 1-2 drops of Peptide Booster onto bare lips, and seal with Lip & Body Treatment Balm for lusciously soft lips.
- Apply Moisture Renewal Oil Booster to your cuticles.
Prep for the party
Get set to reveal party-ready skin with these skin and make-up tips:
- Is your skin looking shiny? Before applying makeup, try using our Pore Clarifying Charcoal Gel Mask (normal to combination skin) or Skin Balancing Oil-Absorbing Mask (oily/combination skin) to cleansed skin. In just 10 minutes, they will gently lift extra sebum and unclog pores, to reveal clearer, smoother and shine-free skin.
- If the skin under your eyes is feeling dry, gently pat 2-3 drops of Moisture Renewal Oil Booster and let it absorb for a few minutes, or blend it in with your favourite eye gel or cream before applying foundation or concealer to the area. It will soften skin and blur any laughter lines.
- Before applying foundation, apply Defense Essential Glow Moisturizer SPF 30 all over your face to keep your skin protected and hydrated, and to add a beautiful youthful glow. If you need to even out blotchy skin or want to achieve a soft matte finish, try our tinted Resist Anti-Aging Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF30. Top tip: if you’re looking for moisture and glow, apply Resist Wrinkle Defense on the oilier parts of your face and Essential Glow on the drier parts.
- Want to make your foundation sit perfectly and last longer? You need a primer. Our Resist Anti-Aging Smoothing Primer Serum SPF 30 is an all-in-one primer, serum and SPF. It softly blurs imperfections for flawless makeup application, while antioxidants protect skin and leave it soothed and radiant.
- Before applying lipstick, apply Moisture Renewal Oil Booster onto lips and leave to absorb for a few minutes – it will plump lips and soften fine lines. A must when applying matte lipstick!
- Looking for a dewy finish? Mix Moisture Renewal Oil Booster with your favourite powder blush and applying to your cheeks with your fingers.
- Finish by dabbing Paula’s Choice Shine Stopper – formulated with Microsponge® technology – over your foundation, to keep your face shine-free all night long.
- Don’t forget the skin on your lips, which is very delicate and thinner than the skin on the rest of your body. Protect lips with Lipscreen SPF 50 or Lip Gloss SPF 40, and always carry one in your handbag!
After the party
Before going to bed follow a few simple steps:
- No matter how tired you are, always cleanse your face properly – makeup residues, pollutants and extra sebum can cause clogged pores and trigger inflammation. Gently remove makeup with our Perfect Cleansing Oil, The UnScrub or, for a speedy solution, try our Gentle Cleansing Cloths. If double cleansing is your thing, finish with a rinse-off cleanser, according to your skin type.
- Nourish and hydrate your skin with a toner, serum and a restorative moisturiser. Finish with a rich eye cream, like Resist Anti-Aging Eye Cream, which also works as an overnight eye mask.
The day after
Erase the signs of the night before with these skin saviours:
- If your skin feels particularly dehydrated or extra sensitive after partying, try adding one of our soothing toners and the Calm Repairing Serum to your routine. For an intensive boost of hydration, apply Super Hydrate Overnight Mask for 20 minutes.
- To depuff tired eyes, try our Resist Anti-Aging Eye Gel. Thanks to its metal applicator, it instantly refreshes the eye area while delivering intense hydration, via the hyaluronic acid and peptides.
Need help with finding the right product for you skin? Our customer care team are skincare and product experts and can guide you to the best skin of your life.