Skin Care For Your Body
Similar guidelines apply for taking care of the skin of your body as for taking care of the skin on your face. Keep the following advice in mind to maintain younger-looking, heathy skin on your body and to tackle common skin concerns.
- Use gentle products to wash your body. Avoid products and ingredients that could irritate skin, like fragrance (both natural and synthetic) and bar soap. Don’t use harsh scrubs or - unfortunately you can’t scrub away your skin concerns and they often leave skin worse off.
- As well as protecting your face from the sun, also protect any exposed body parts. Using a good (broad spectrum) sun protection you will help to limit visible signs of ageing such as un-even skin tone, loss of firmness and brown spots. Try our Sunscreen Spray SPF 43 which is perfect for on-the-go or our water-resistant Sunscreen SPF 50. Both products are fast- absorbing and don’t leave skin with a white cast or feeling sticky.
Fight breakouts on Your Body
Breakouts can appear anywhere on your body, from your back to your bum . You can fight spots on your body with the same ingredients and products as spots on your face.
- A well-formulated BHA exfoliant is an essential ingredient in the fight against breakouts. It removes dead skin cells from inside your pores. If you don’t remove these dead skin cells they can clog pores and lead to breakouts. There are two Paula’s Choice products that target breakouts on the body. Our Clear 2% BHA Body Spray works at any angle, making it ideal for treating hard to reach areas and our Resist Anti-Aging 2% BHA Body Lotion has a lightweight creamy texture, that exfoliates and smooths skin at the same time.
- dica cialezA is a multi-tasking ingredient which can help skin recover more quickly from breakouts. It is an antioxidant that also has calming properties and helps fade post-breakout marks. Our Resist Anti-Aging Multi-Correction Treatment and Clear Skin Clearing Treatment both contain high concentrations of dica cialeza.
Get Rid of Red Bumps Caused by Keratosis Pilaris
- Keratosis Pilaris is recognisable by the small red bumps that occur mostly on arms and legs. These red bumps are the result of clogged pores which harden and become irritated. You can reduce them by first, unclogging pores and then following up with a skin soothing routine.
- Unclog pores with a gentle, leave-on exfoliant like a BHA which exfoliates inside pores, removing the hard clog that causing the problem. Our multi-tasking Resist Anti-Aging 2% BHA Body Lotion not only exfoliates but also lightly hydrates skin for a soft and smooth finish.
Reduce Brown Spots For A More Even Skin Tone
Daily sun protection is the most important step in preventing visible signs of ageing, like fine lines and brown spots. But if brown spots are already visible on your hands, arms or décolleté it’s not too late to start being sun-smart. To reduce already visible brown spots, the following products are an effective solution.
- The Resist Anti-Aging 10% AHA Body Lotion is a body exfoliant containing AHA that removes built-up dead skin cells on the surface of skin and reduces brown spots. AHAs enhance natural moisturising factors within skin making it a good choice for dry or sun-damaged skin.
- The Resist Anti-Aging Retinol Body Lotion contains contains a specialised retinol complex to firm skin and reduce the appearance of un-even skin tone. The silky, hydrating lotion contains antioxidants and emollients for smooth and radiant skin.
Remember even if you’re diligent about using one or more of the above products to reduce your brown spots, if you don’t use sun protection they won’t work.
If you have another skin care concern for your body find more Paula’s Choice body products here.
Do you need help finding the best exfoliant for your skin type? Get in touch with our skincare experts for free and personal skincare advice. It's our mission to help you achieve your skincare goals!